Home

MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Screenshots Captured From Trailer

LOL at people in the trailer thread saying graphics were disappointing, which had zero gameplay.....game will look great as always.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:38 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
LOL at people in the trailer thread saying graphics were disappointing, which had zero gameplay.....game will look great as always.

The game didn't look bad last year however the game didn't look at good has NBA 2k14 or 15 not even close and didn't look has good has madden 15 and form this trailer the graphics don't look any different.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #11
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel

The game looks ok on ps4 but it hasn't taken that huge leap that other sports and other genres have.

It's gone from best looking sports game to worst (not including NBA live). That's not to say it's bad looking but it's basically a better looking version of the PS3 game in 1080p

Things like grass, stadium textures, uniform cloth textures, lighting, player models are all not up to ps4 standard.

With 3 months to release I'm not too optimistic that the game will look much better than that trailer.

It's still the best sports game out there and it's always day 1 for me but I'm disappointed in what they have given us on PS4 so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #12
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Im with my fellow Brit Merch here.

Let me qualify what im about to say by stating the following things...

Will '15 still look good? Yes.
Will '15 still play very nicely? Yes.
Will '15 still be the best Baseball game on the market and likely best videogame representation of Baseball ever seen? Very likely.

...with that said...for the first time in many years of following, supporting and buying this series latest game, i am disappointed with (admittedly not a huge amount yet) of what we've seen so far.

The game, to me at least looks identical to '14, sure there will be some incremental upgrades under the hood to lighting, a few more crowd models etc, but from what screens we have so far and the trailer, it would take a powerful microscope to tell any real difference between '14 and '15.

For '14 i knew it would look better on PS4 than PS3 (and it does, but not markedly, which is a testament to how much they got out of the PS3 i think), but didnt expect any fireworks as it was their first year on PS4 and they didnt have as long as normal to work on it.

For '15, the second year now on PS4, much longer to work on it, i expected quite a noticeable leap (not crazy but noticeable) in the look and graphical fidelity of the game, sadly it doesnt seem to be the case. Yes of course it will still play great in the main, but i expect more from the second year on the system, FIFA 15 was a noticeable improvement on '14, as was NBA 2K15 on '14.

People saying "wait till 16/17 for the real improvements", well im sorry, its not acceptable to me to have to wait 3 to 4 years after a new system comes out to see real tangible improvements in looks.

I dont know, i love the series and always have, but this is the first time ever im considering not buying and hoping for a real graphical improvement in '16, who knows though ill probably cave in.

In summary, it will still be a stellar game, and look good, but at this stage now of the PS4, i expected more, other sports franchises and other games have shown what can be done with the PS4's power, i just hoped for more from SCEA in '15.

Just my considered thoughts.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #13
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

JMHO , Maybe we should do a " wait and see " before we comment on any improvements that may or may not be in 15 as it's still to early to say if it's step forward or not.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 12-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

The little bit of info we got did just what a good tease does, leaves you wanting more. I'm not at all disappointed & I definitely want more. Can't wait for the next round.

Syracuse #44
Old 12-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Im with my fellow Brit Merch here.

Let me qualify what im about to say by stating the following things...

Will '15 still look good? Yes.
Will '15 still play very nicely? Yes.
Will '15 still be the best Baseball game on the market and likely best videogame representation of Baseball ever seen? Very likely.

...with that said...for the first time in many years of following, supporting and buying this series latest game, i am disappointed with (admittedly not a huge amount yet) of what we've seen so far.

The game, to me at least looks identical to '14, sure there will be some incremental upgrades under the hood to lighting, a few more crowd models etc, but from what screens we have so far and the trailer, it would take a powerful microscope to tell any real difference between '14 and '15.

For '14 i knew it would look better on PS4 than PS3 (and it does, but not markedly, which is a testament to how much they got out of the PS3 i think), but didnt expect any fireworks as it was their first year on PS4 and they didnt have as long as normal to work on it.

For '15, the second year now on PS4, much longer to work on it, i expected quite a noticeable leap (not crazy but noticeable) in the look and graphical fidelity of the game, sadly it doesnt seem to be the case. Yes of course it will still play great in the main, but i expect more from the second year on the system, FIFA 15 was a noticeable improvement on '14, as was NBA 2K15 on '14.

People saying "wait till 16/17 for the real improvements", well im sorry, its not acceptable to me to have to wait 3 to 4 years after a new system comes out to see real tangible improvements in looks.

I dont know, i love the series and always have, but this is the first time ever im considering not buying and hoping for a real graphical improvement in '16, who knows though ill probably cave in.

In summary, it will still be a stellar game, and look good, but at this stage now of the PS4, i expected more, other sports franchises and other games have shown what can be done with the PS4's power, i just hoped for more from SCEA in '15.

Just my considered thoughts.

Agree and in some was last years game took a step back words. Last year the CPU made way to many diving catches something that had not been a problem sinces like MLB 10 the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 03:04 AM   #16
Banned

I know I've said this before,but is NIKE the only licensed equipment? I was under the impression that there was going to be more then just Nike licensed equipment. If you look at the pitchers cleats they look like the same generic ugly cleats they've been using for years. I'm hoping they are going to release more details on what manufacturers besides Nike are going to be in the game. I would think if they had anymore licensed equipment they would have show maybe at least one more manufacturer. I really hope they are going to fix turf. It still looks like a flat green mat. It looks weird when a player slides on it and you see blades of grass fly up from it. Madden got the turf grass and artificial turf right this time,at least in my opinion. It clearly can be done,they also need to improve the batter's box chalk lines,they never seem to change even after somebody slides into home plate as well as the baselines to change either. They used change and get messed up in the last gen edition. Does anybody know what I'm talking about and has noticed that? One more thing,does the ps4 have enough power to make the uniforms move when the wind hits them? Thought in the Tiger Woods PGA tour on ps4 the clothes did move in wind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »