Home

Should You Buy Games at Launch?

This is a discussion on Should You Buy Games at Launch? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2014, 12:38 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Should You Buy Games at Launch?

That's cool because I am definitely more of an "offline" player when it comes to playing my sports games. On a side note, in NBA 2k14 for PS4 I was disappointed to find out that when you play just a regular season mode, such as a 14 game season and not the full thing, forced trades are always on. That was almost enough to keep me away from that mode because I hate that I can just trade wherever or whoever I want. Is this fixed in NBA 2k15?
Old 12-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

If you are an offline player. Never, ever, buy a sports game at launch, especially an EA sports game if you like to play anything but default.

Its a major waste of time and effort to tweak sliders and try to customize a game to your liking only to have a patch or tuner completely change or even destroy the gameplay.

If you can hold out, you should always play the sports games 1 year in arrears. The game has been patched and you'll be playing the final version and all the reviews are out and the problems are all clearly listed so you can make an informed decision.

Unfortunately Madden gets a rating of 8+ every year. There are things like lack of holding penalties and the sack issue as well as CFM issues. It would seem that at best it could get a 7 and then go down from there based on all the other issues that have popped up. As long as these games get good reviews and the sales numbers are there, they will keep throwing out unfinished programs.

Basically as long as they can functionally play online head to head, the game is a go. They may or may not address issues for sim gamers or offline gamers.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commercial Seal
Developers are putting and promoting graphics more then the actual interaction with the game .... Where living the mid 80's crisis all over again... Gamers want quality// Developers want quantity! !

This.

A lot of beautiful games with half assed gameplay have came out lately,

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »