Home

From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers

This is a discussion on From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
Rookie

willy981's Arena

OVR: 0
After being a life-long Kobe/Lakers fan,i decided to find a new team.So back in 2012-2013 season when the Sixers went to the Quarter Finals,I've became hooked and officially became a Sixers fan when they drafted MCW & my boy Nerlens Noel.I live in Nashville and I get ****ted on for being a Sixers fan.Can't wait to see them have some real-life success so them Bandwagoners can come on aboard
Old 12-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #10
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Agreed that the 76ers are nearly as bad as they are made out to be. This is the easiest rebuild of the teams I've written about, I would think.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #11
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

I have already taken them to the finals by year two. What I ended up doing was trading Shump and Stat to the 76ers (I eat Stats cap hit for the knicks), I kinda cheated by signing Eric Bledsoe but I justified this by saying I would have offered him a max deal this past off season. I moved a few minor players around and got an extra 1st rounder from it. From there I traded MCW and the 1st rounder I got for Andrew Wiggins (remember MCW has a high potential rating and is already an 80 OVR). I played the season and ended up getting the 2nd pick in the draft the next year, from there I traded the pick (the draft was loaded) and Jerami Grant (who I developed into a quality player) to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and MKG. Ended up also getting Thomas Robinson in another trade somehow. Ended up with a group of starters with Eric Bledsoe, Shump, Wiggins, Noel, Embiid. I have MKG as the 6th man, Vonleh as 7th and I have spent a lot of effort and developed Carrick Felix into a quality rotational player with a 3 pt shot. Also have KJ McDaniels, Thomas Robinson, Tony Wroten, Henry Simms, Cleanthony Early on the team as well. Of course there isn't a player over 26 on the team, but with Wiggins, Embiid and Noel all reaching around 88 OVR by my second year with lethal offensive games, we ended up being a great team. While I will eventually be raped by the max deals I will be forced to pay to Wiggins and Embiid, (I got noel to sign his deal before he got really good in this most recent year 2016) and big deals to pay Vonleh, it is a great team that can be formed quickly. While there is no way this would work in real life, the game offered me all of the trades and I never had to use a VC pitch to do this. I was impressed on how quickly I turned the team around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #12
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
I have already taken them to the finals by year two. What I ended up doing was trading Shump and Stat to the 76ers (I eat Stats cap hit for the knicks), I kinda cheated by signing Eric Bledsoe but I justified this by saying I would have offered him a max deal this past off season. I moved a few minor players around and got an extra 1st rounder from it. From there I traded MCW and the 1st rounder I got for Andrew Wiggins (remember MCW has a high potential rating and is already an 80 OVR). I played the season and ended up getting the 2nd pick in the draft the next year, from there I traded the pick (the draft was loaded) and Jerami Grant (who I developed into a quality player) to Charlotte for Noah Vonleh and MKG. Ended up also getting Thomas Robinson in another trade somehow. Ended up with a group of starters with Eric Bledsoe, Shump, Wiggins, Noel, Embiid. I have MKG as the 6th man, Vonleh as 7th and I have spent a lot of effort and developed Carrick Felix into a quality rotational player with a 3 pt shot. Also have KJ McDaniels, Thomas Robinson, Tony Wroten, Henry Simms, Cleanthony Early on the team as well. Of course there isn't a player over 26 on the team, but with Wiggins, Embiid and Noel all reaching around 88 OVR by my second year with lethal offensive games, we ended up being a great team. While I will eventually be raped by the max deals I will be forced to pay to Wiggins and Embiid, (I got noel to sign his deal before he got really good in this most recent year 2016) and big deals to pay Vonleh, it is a great team that can be formed quickly. While there is no way this would work in real life, the game offered me all of the trades and I never had to use a VC pitch to do this. I was impressed on how quickly I turned the team around.
Eric Bledsoe signed with PHX for five years. I am doing one now, I have MCW, Wade, a rookie sf, Noel and Cousins. I traded Embid and 1st pick for Cousins. Wade was a free agent. I am still struggling, Think about trading MCW. I need another scorer.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

I am doing the Sixers now in MyLeague. I traded K.J. in the first year and managed to steal Hardaway Jr. away from the Knicks. I tried playing division games only to see if we could burst into the playoffs, but that was a pipe dream. We ended up going 17-65.

So, at the start of the second season, we ended up with a lineup of:
PG Michael Carter-Williams
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Brian Singletary (First pick in the draft. Not much of a shot, bulky, and can get to the rim. Pretty nice #1 pick.)
PF Nerlens Noel
C Joel Embiid
6th Tony Wroten

On our bench, we have a crop of nice young talent. I mixed some veterans in there to be realistic. Young teams need some veterans. So, I added Elton Brand and I got J.R. Smith's expiring on board. Maybe I can move J.R. for something. Resigned Mbah a Moute too. I want to keep him and Embiid together.

The Sixers also have a lot of picks in the 2015 draft. I had five on draft night. I was able to draft support at every position, bolstering the roster.

Loving Wroten, by the way. Great backup to MCW. I upgraded MCW's potential in training camps, so his rating will skyrocket soon from an 82. Noel has gotten a bit better in the post, but for now is best used like Tyson Chandler. Embiid is a beast. And Hardaway is just lights-out from three.

Maybe we can sneak into the playoffs? The division is pretty weak. Rondo jetted away from Boston for Sac-Town to play with Boogie Cousins, the New York teams are pretty sucky (even though the Knicks signed Al Jefferson), and the Raptors are pretty much the only threat. If we can knock off the Raptors, we can sneak away the division, maybe.

Sixers are really fun this year in franchise modes!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:53 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str0mTropper
If you're a real fan you should realize they aren't the bad in real life. If you watched every game you'll see they could have a easy 10-15 wins right now. At least 10 of the losses were by 5 points or fewer.
Did you watch the game against Memphis? I watched the whole game! They we're up by eighteen points at one point and still lost the game! No excuse for that! That franchise hasn't been the same since they traded Moses Malone back in the 80s! They could have one more championships then just the one in 1983,with the talent they had! The franchise is cursed!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #15
Just started!

Well myself (being a die-hard Sixers fan) picked up A.I. From the legendary 2000-01 team and traded for Andre Iguodala to have a good veteran presence and a superstar. We were 41-41 my first year with a first round playoff loss to the Bulls. My second year we picked up three rookies, an athletic wing, a 3-point shooting guard and another big to develop along with Noel and K.J. McDaniels (traded Embiid). We have a solid foundation for the future and it helped that I repla Brett Brown with one of 2K's A grade coaches. We'll be able to truly compete in 2016-17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #16
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake04
Well myself (being a die-hard Sixers fan) picked up A.I. From the legendary 2000-01 team and traded for Andre Iguodala to have a good veteran presence and a superstar. We were 41-41 my first year with a first round playoff loss to the Bulls. My second year we picked up three rookies, an athletic wing, a 3-point shooting guard and another big to develop along with Noel and K.J. McDaniels (traded Embiid). We have a solid foundation for the future and it helped that I repla Brett Brown with one of 2K's A grade coaches. We'll be able to truly compete in 2016-17.
Did you say AI? Hmm, think he doesn't play basketball anymore. Maybe you should get DJ too! Charles Barkley too?

I have my starting 5 as, Cousins, Noel, Rookie sf, Butler who I traded mcw to get and some rookie pg. So for in my 3 year I am 3-3. MCW was a turn over machine for me. And I got Cousin with Embild and a first round pick. Cousins is a beast in the post, better scorer then Embid imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »