Home

2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs

This is a discussion on 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #17
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm sure that people will find a way around this. I was seeing "Adulf Hutlor" and "Ju Puncher" in Fight Night for years.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
You can watch PPV's & matches with Benoit, but WWE doesn't advertise him. In fact, they don't even mention him being in the matches until you actually watch it. The WrestleMania XX description lists Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels, that's it. No mention of Benoit, same goes for every other match he was involved in.

The fact that we could make him all the years before this one, and that everyone isn't being banned for uploading a Benoit, just the ones they happen to catch themselves, I think this is stupid. I feel like if we pay 60 bucks for a game, we should be free to involve whoever the hell we want in our game. But I suppose we still can, we just can't upload him to share.
Your first point is obviously true, but they wouldn't be advertising him on 2K either. You would have to specifically seek him out, and on the user generated content portion of the game at that. Seems very similar to WWE's Network stance on Benoit.

We agree though so I'm preaching to the choir, haha.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #19
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
This is silly. I understand WWEs stance on Benoit and their reasons, but its CAW's for people to download. Let it go. No one should be banned for this.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #20
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
This is silly. I understand WWEs stance on Benoit and their reasons, but its CAW's for people to download. Let it go. No one should be banned for this.
They have to draw the line somewhere and I think it's fine to not allow things like Hitler on there. With the world the way it is now days, if you let something like that slide through and a jewish person sees it, oh boy that could lead to a lawsuit.

I agree with the Benoit stance, but like I said, Hitler and things like that I think they need to draw the line on things like that.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs

i can see 2Ks stance on banning users over this but they really should have laid out rules that stated if you upload any offensive content you will be warned, then suspended from the servers for 30 days and then a permaban, but they basically Ray Rice'd people and i think those that had gotten banned should consider a lawsuit on 2K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does the same thing for WWE2K14 too?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #23
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeguy
Does the same thing for WWE2K14 too?
No, at least they weren't.

This seems to be linked just to 2k15.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 12-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #24
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
This is ridiculous, and why are they just now getting sensitive over this issue. I've been downloading Benoit CAWs for the last several years, and it isn't like people are making them offensive in any way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »