Home

From Worst to First: Turning Around the Knicks in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on From Worst to First: Turning Around the Knicks in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
From Worst to First: Turning Around the Knicks in NBA 2K15

There has been so much buzz and too little punch for the New York Knicks over the last decade. It many ways, it disproves the theory that as long as you have a superstar, you can still win a lot of games in the NBA. Despite Carmelo Anthony's loyalty to the storied organization, things only seem to be getting worse. With bloated salary and little talent, where can the Knicks even begin? Here are three moves that every Knicks owner can make in NBA 2K15 to return Spike Lee's favorite squad into powerhouse form:

1. Find a Partner in Crime: Do what the Knicks have failed to the past few seasons and find Carmelo a great complimentary player to have at his side. Some names that will be popping up in free agency next summer: Paul Millsap, Rajon Rando, Greg Monroe and LaMarcus Aldridge.

2. Cut, Cut, Cut: A lot of guys on the Knicks are not tradable (we are looking at you, Amar'e) and it's up to you to make sure they are out of a job. Do whatever you can to free up some cash to follow up on the above advice. Another possibility is to swap bad contracts with another team in hopes that a change of scenery spurs something.

3. Find Early's Game: Cleanthony Early was regarded as one of the most underrated draft picks of 2014. Do everything you can to make sure that he becomes a consistent piece of the machine, because the Knicks could use the youth and low-cost.
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: From Worst to First: Turning Around the Knicks in NBA 2K15

Amare' only has one year left on that albatross of a contract. So you don't HAVE to waive him, you could easily trade him to somebody like Philadelphia for a garbage player or a 2nd rounder to free up space if you absolutely want him gone. Normally I can resign him for just around 2-3.5 mill a year after the season, he becomes a much better option.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 12-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

cbjr's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, the only way to fix the Knicks is to free up cap space to sign free agents for next year. Stoudemire's expiring contract should free up room for at least 2 decent players. I've been trying to fix the Knicks too; it hasn't been easy so far.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

If I were to use the Knicks in MyGM/MyLeague, I would look to trade Carmelo Anthony. I would try to get a lot of assets, model the team after the Spurs. I would dump J.R. Smith, as well.

I would keep Stat and try to rework his contract so he isn't overpaid, he has a good game. I would look for a Center, most likely try to pursue Marc Gasol and have Gasol and Stat as my front court. Shumpert would be my SG. Shane Larkin is my future PG and I will try and get what I can through the draft to compliment my front court of Stat and Gasol.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
I usually trade jr smith during the season to the 76ers for a 2nd rounder and Alexa shevd. Let the team bottom out and get a high draft pick. And my free agent signings depends on who I draft. If I draft Karl towns I sign a pg like dragic. If I draft Emanuel muadaiy I sign Marc gasol . I use the rest of the money to fill out the team.

I'm a big amare fan so I always bring him back on the cheap.( hope the knicks do this as well)

Usually in the third season my team is ready to compete for a title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This would be great advice if My League was actually playable after a few years in with regression being so out of whack and bugged.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would in my opinion, get rid of half the roster, since in real life half the roster may be shipped off next year...keep Early, Hardaway jr., Anthony, and Stoudemire as the base. And be done with the triangle offense and go from there. It's going to be a tough road for the Knicks in game and real life smh.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

Forgot exactly how I did it but wasn't hard.

Signed Reggie Jackson, Hibbert, and Kanter in the off season. Eventually traded Tim hardaway for orl sg(olapio?) . Traded Calderon, resigned Jr Smith and dalembert.

Kept larkin and early and found a decent pf off the bench. Won in year 3 of myleague.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »