Home

The OS Year-End Awards: Sports Game of the Year

This is a discussion on The OS Year-End Awards: Sports Game of the Year within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
This award should be separated by generations (ex: last gen/current gen) Imo madden 15 beat out 2k15 on last gen while 2k won out on current gen.. (Don't have a ps3/4 so can't speak to MLB) .
Old 01-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
This award should be separated by generations (ex: last gen/current gen) Imo madden 15 beat out 2k15 on last gen while 2k won out on current gen.. (Don't have a ps3/4 so can't speak to MLB) .
MLB was ok, super laggy online though.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
This is the first Madden football, probably since the PS2 days, thats held my interest for more than a couple of hours, I've logged probably 80+ hours of gameplay. It was my pick by far. The Show regressed with online playability and although its a solid game it really didn't do anything to push the envelope and in general is starting to feel stale. I've given up NBA 2k and what ever gaming cycles I have left go to FIFA 15. Which surprised me that it wasn't at the top of the list. It's probably the best all around sports game available.
Umm I have both Madden 15 and NBA 2k15. NBA 2k15 beats Madden by a landslide and it's not close. NBA 2k15 has soooo many customization features, new modes, a new scanning feature, new gameplay features,etc. What has Madden done new this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8
Watch out for madden next year. They made some huge improvements on a short dev cycle. Can't wait to see what they do with a full year on top of a pretty solid foundation.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:53 AM   #13
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
In my opinion Madden was the best. Madden NFL 16 should be a beast. Hopefully they improve on what was a solid game. I like 2K as well I just think Madden is better this year.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #14
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I really don't see how Madden or The Show ranked ahead of either FIFA or PES this year, but to each his own. I am enjoying 2k, although many of the gripes mentioned above are very fair. I don't think we'll ever see a perfectly realistic game, for AI reasons if nothing else, but 2k and the 2 soccer games are probably 3 of the best sports games I've ever played. I am still eager to try The Golf Club as well.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1
Madden made some good leaps but the praising of the "Defensive Tweaks" just doesn't do it for me. I think it is the best Madden in years but it is not because of the highly touted defensive changes...come on presentation!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1
...I meant next year. It is better this year than before but still needs work.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »