Home

Lawsuit by Former NFL Players Against EA Allowed to Advance

This is a discussion on Lawsuit by Former NFL Players Against EA Allowed to Advance within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
If it really is just those 2 games, then this case is complete BS

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
This involves the "classic" teams IE teams such as the 80 Rams 66 Browns 91 Bills or All time teams IE All Raiders. These teams were included and had associated numbers but not player names. This is the same complaint that the NCAA lawsuit took. The retired players are not covered by the union contract and at the time there was no retired players contracts as there are now for MUT or similar to All Pro 2k8. MEA is claiming that the relation is incidental, however if the roster included the player number and matching height weight skin tone or other recognizable data then you have the same elements of the NCAA suit. We all know what EA did in those circumstances.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:59 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Lawsuit by Former NFL Players Against EA Allowed to Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I think k they lost this lawsuit when they described madden as a "realistic virtual simulation" of the NFL. They are going to play a game in court judge will be like I've seen enough of this nonsense. Dismissed.
A judge is the one who okayed this lawsuit to proceed though?
Old 01-07-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbook24
only the madden games prior to Madden NFL 95 did not have a license. of those only madden 93 & 94 had classic teams and players. so it would have to be those 2 games
Madden 96 had historic teams with fairly accurate numbers. A, B, C, C, A, B, B was my Konami Code.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #20
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
"Your honor exhibit A *shows Madden for SNES* as you can clearly see this player looks exactly like one of my clients."
I honestly wouldn't be surprised it that was said to the judge lol. This case seems to be more of a cash grab than being an actual legitimate case

Old 01-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I honestly wouldn't be surprised it that was said to the judge lol. This case seems to be more of a cash grab than being an actual legitimate case

It wasn't.

If you want to see the summary of what was presented to the judge and the conclusion it's linked in the first post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3
By the way, all the members making jokes about this may want to take heed. I am fairly sure if you go back to the first time the NCAA lawsuit was mentioned on OS or anywhere else. Alot of people probably made the same jokes and brushing it off as a cash grab. Did all of you see how well NCAA Football 15 sold this year.

Oh wait.

EA is spewing the same line they made in the NCAA case well "its free speech because its art." Well "pride goeth before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall"

Last edited by maltliquor23; 01-07-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
By the way, all the members making jokes about this may want to take heed. I am fairly sure if you go back to the first time the NCAA lawsuit was mentioned on OS or anywhere else. Alot of people probably made the same jokes and brushing it off as a cash grab. Did all of you see how well NCAA Football 15 sold this year.

Oh wait.

EA is spewing the same line they made in the NCAA case well "its free speech because its art." Well "pride goeth before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall"
And which madden titles were and continue to be made exclusively with player likenesses being disputed? NCAA had other large licensing hurdles as the teams started opting out what little could he licensed also.

Apples and oranges.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:48 PM   #24

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23

Oh wait.

Except they are two completely different scenario's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »