Home

NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 05:00 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

I didn't see that ugly fadeaway by a big under the basket one time during my last game. If they have truly removed it, awesome. While they're at it, they need to remove this.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00006669704684

Rondo's defense animation carried me from the 3 point line to under the basket here...I was driving forward at all....your locked into to it until it finishes....it's an ugly animation that I can't see a purpose for.....

The pass to Beverly here is my biggest issue with contesting as well...Monta is in the paint when the pass is made...that whole sequence needs to be faster....because the penalty for semi contests is already severe...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-09-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #18
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (1-9-15)

Wow.

The game plays great. Shooting is finally fixed!

Just had a great game using OKC against Detroit. Westbrook is deadly in the midrange.

You can actually be moving now and still hit shots and it's not cheese. I shot 9/22 with KD but he hit his normal array of shots from 3 and midrange.

Andre Drummond had 21 points and 19 rebounds as the CPU. He was just dominant inside.

As of now, I hope you Devs don't change a thing in regards to shooting the ball. It feels natural now. And the midrange works.

Thanks to the Devs for listening to us.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:45 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 1

Another one that needs to go or be refined is the under the basket boomerang shot! I have faith based on current progress!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

One thing they need to tone down is the CPU lay up animation that starts out before the free throw line sometimes. That animation can't be interrupted and your defender simply get pushed backwards out of the way. Haywood of the Jazz abused the hell out of that animation against me.

Another thing I noticed is on fast breaks when you steal the ball at the 3point line, you CAN'T RUN. The defender runs into your side or into your back and your guy gets stuck on him or something. What ever it is, it prevents you from running. I don't like that at all. Happened to me 3 times my last game when I stole the ball with Westbrook.

And is it me or does crash boards seem to have the opposite effect ? Seems like I get more rebounds with balanced then I do with crashed boards. I noticed when I use crashed boards, only one of my teammates go after the rebound, the rest run backwards to get back on D.

I would like them to fix the battle for the rebound animation because currently it isn't a battle. Who ever boxes out, that box out is like the wall of china, nobody getting passed it or even attempts to. Box out shouldn't be permanent and not contested. I would like to see some battling going on for position for rebounds.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 0

Draymond Greene is a pf. Pretty happy with ratings though good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pretty excited to read this. In my game last night the Rockets subbed out Harden and Howard for the entire 4th quarter even though they were down 10.

I couldn't take it anymore so I went out and bought the other game today...

... But reading this has me encouraged! So maybe I'll give it another chance before I open the wrapping on the other one
Old 01-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #23
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
FINALLY...........Live 15 resembles real life basketball.

The Positives

CPU attempting mid range shots

The correct CPU players attempting threes

Drive and kick game

High post ups

More varied ball and rim animations

Step back jumpers finally are effective

USER can hit threes and mid range jumpers

Good ball handlers can finally destroy not so good defenders

CPU pass the ball around more effectively most of the time

Good CPU shooters are quick to let it fly if you leave them space, like it should be

Centers no longer do that baseline reverse layup cheese gliding along the invisible wall

Post players pass the ball back out

Saw Chris Paul do a floater

The negatives

There are times where the motion is stagnant and players just stand around

CPU Centers and Power Forwards shoot too many fade away jumpers still, every shot don't need to be a fade

Screen play don't work some times. They will collide with another player and instead of continuing across, they will just go back to their original spot.

Is there more ball/rim interaction then after the patch??
Old 01-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Is there more ball/rim interaction then after the patch??
You see more bounce ups and drop in type of shots. Also some bounce up and over the backboard type of shots. So that is nice that not every shot is all net like it use to be. Finally they have added that if you too far under the basket when you attempt a shot you will hit the under side of the backboard. This was long over due. It use to be the game automatically adjusted the shot animation to some weird looking reverse lay up attempt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »