Home

The Best Formations in FIFA 15 - Video Tutorial

This is a discussion on The Best Formations in FIFA 15 - Video Tutorial within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Best Formations in FIFA 15 - Video Tutorial

While this video might not show anything new to the veteran FIFA players, newcomers will definitely want to check out this FIFA 15 video tutorial, featuring some of the best formations in the game.

It shows users why certain formations are effective and points out key positions. Check out the video and find out which formations fit your playing style.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Best Formations in FIFA 15 - Video Tutorial

Couple of questions...

When using the 3-5-2, it calls for 3 CB. If they are stretched out wider (as the video suggests), is it still necessary/preferred to have CB as opposed to LB or RB? This is for MM, not FUT by the way, so there's no 'chemistry' issue.

Second question is, what is the 'difference' in a LCB and RCB? (I usually use some form of a 4-5-1) As in, what attributes should I pay more attention to for each centre back? Is it strictly a L or R dominant foot, or are there other things that should be taken into consideration when placing CB on the L or R side?

As always, TIA!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Couple of questions...

When using the 3-5-2, it calls for 3 CB. If they are stretched out wider (as the video suggests), is it still necessary/preferred to have CB as opposed to LB or RB? This is for MM, not FUT by the way, so there's no 'chemistry' issue.

Second question is, what is the 'difference' in a LCB and RCB? (I usually use some form of a 4-5-1) As in, what attributes should I pay more attention to for each centre back? Is it strictly a L or R dominant foot, or are there other things that should be taken into consideration when placing CB on the L or R side?

As always, TIA!
I use the 3-5-2 with Man U, normally I have Rafael on the right, Rojo center and Shaw on the left. My CDM's are Blind and Vidal or Phil Jones. Wings DiMaria and Herrera with Januzaj as the CAM. RVP and Rooney up front. I prefer Shaw and Rafael on the back line because of their speed with those two CDM's because of their overall ability in the game to play both sides of the ball. For tactics I use a hybrid of Chelsea defense with Bayern's attacking. So far it's worked out for me.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbrs04
I use the 3-5-2 with Man U, normally I have Rafael on the right, Rojo center and Shaw on the left. My CDM's are Blind and Vidal or Phil Jones. Wings DiMaria and Herrera with Januzaj as the CAM. RVP and Rooney up front. I prefer Shaw and Rafael on the back line because of their speed with those two CDM's because of their overall ability in the game to play both sides of the ball. For tactics I use a hybrid of Chelsea defense with Bayern's attacking. So far it's worked out for me.
Good stuff--no Falcao?

Do you pull the outside "CB" out to the L and R as though they are RB and LB?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Good stuff--no Falcao?

Do you pull the outside "CB" out to the L and R as though they are RB and LB?
I'm in my second season in MM. I did not feel the Falcao was worth the transfer fee. Instead I picked up Danny Ings and Breel Donald Embolo. I rotate them in and out with Rooney and RVP along with Wilson. RVP is already talking about being homesick so I am looking to sell him in the January transfer window.

As far as the outside CB's, I will let them drift outside to slow down the attack and use the teammate contain to do the actual dirty work of getting the ball back. The reason I do this is because it's either one of the CDM's or the wingback comes out to help, leaving the other two defenders plus the CDM in their place to break up a pass or a cross. But this only works with CDM's that have pace. When I substitute Darrin Fletcher into the game, I have to change the way I play because he's not as fast. At this point I will use him to try and clog up the passing lanes, while changing the other CDM to man mark.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »