Home

NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (January Update)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (January Update) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #17
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (January Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
They need to use the entire scale. From 1 to 99. Or in EA's strange scale, from 36-99. A 4th line scrub in the juniors could be rated a 36, and Crosby could be around a 99. We spread out the ratings in the Revamped Rosters - although not to this extreme - and it worked wonderfully. It even made the CPU generated rookies fit in better because a 1st round draft pick actually has a chance at making your NHL roster - unlike in EA's roster, where a top 5 draft pick won't be able to crack your NHL lineup for 3 years.

With our rosters, the difference between Crosby and Parros is very noticeable. With EA's rosters, I can do spin-o-ramas all day long with Parros.
WHAT??? THEY'RE DIFFERENT??? BLASHPHEMY!

Yeah, Top-3 picks need to be better scaled or (better yet) progression has to be right. It shouldn't take McDavid 2 year before you feel comfortable putting him in the lineup and not sacrificing his poential.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:11 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
He got traded on the 15th. This was up on the 15th. How are they going to put in a trade after they submitted this? EA did a lot of stuff wrong, but not putting in a trade that hadn't happened yet isn't one of them.

If you think that's pathetic, there's something wrong with you.
ok bud that still doesn't change their slow roster update pattern this game has when compared to other sports games, its terrible. Do not try and deny that fact.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
Madden 15- Decent Roster Update once per week
MLB the show- Decent Roster update once per week
NBA 2k15- Great Roster update nearly EVERYDAY!!
NHL 15- innacurate (at best) roster update once a month, are you kidding me?! What exactly do these guys do all day. EANHL should be ashamed.
Im with you on that 100% theres no reason NHL 15 roster updates shouldn't be daily or weekly,anyone who disagrees is in denial.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Yeah, EA NHL should be keeping up with the benchmark average of other Pro sports titles. If their team can't keep up, they should give the power to the community to manage a master roster, and they take on a supporting role for the legal side.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #21
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree with Simple Mathematics rating differentials, loved the Revamped Rosters.

May sound crazy but I always wanted a scale per league. So you could be a 99 in the AHL but if you came up to the NHL you'd maybe be a 55, but if you were in a system that fits you, 59. Just throwing numbers out there.

So each tier would have its best players in the 90s but as you were promoted you'd have to fit in to the "new" rating comparisons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 11:58 PM   #22
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I agree with Simple Mathematics rating differentials, loved the Revamped Rosters.

May sound crazy but I always wanted a scale per league. So you could be a 99 in the AHL but if you came up to the NHL you'd maybe be a 55, but if you were in a system that fits you, 59. Just throwing numbers out there.

So each tier would have its best players in the 90s but as you were promoted you'd have to fit in to the "new" rating comparisons.
I've wanted the same thing. Franchise Hockey Manager is like this - and that was in its first year.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:52 AM   #23
Rookie

azy19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3

I see where you're coming from but it kind of is like that already. For an example in the SHL(swedish hockey league) the best players are 78-81 I believe and that kind of is the high 90s for that league. You can't go around giving people in SHL 90+ shot power just because they shoot hard for the standards in their league. It wouldn't feel realistic at all while playing with them and then playing with an nhl team and they skate, shoot etc as well as them.

I do have an idea for myself though. A form rating which would update every game in Be A GM and Be A Pro. This could give you a 2+ boost on some ratings if high enough and make you progress faster. That way you can also see who is hot in the league if you're looking to trade an on form 4th or 3rd liner or a star if your team is in need of one.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #24
Rookie

I hope that the half-assed effort put into NHL 15 bodes well for the return EASHL, Franchise, create-a-player, player editing, and other details for NHL 16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »