Home

EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I saw a slight difference but its all in the way you play. Remember its the number of missed strikes that matters when it comes to stamina now not the fact that they are throwing them. If they are landing most of the strikes there is no stamina tax.

I wanted to comment on this point when the recent patch notes were announced. But I didn't want to sound like I am not appreciative of the patch.

GamePlay mentioned he was told that punches thrown that hit didn't need adjustment because when a punch hits it doesn't take as much energy as when missed. True, but in hand to hand combat, when you raise your hands, you are using energy, and even more energy when you start throwing. I understand impact absorbs energy so you don't follow through and have to pull back as when you miss, but you are still using much of your valuable core energy.

In many fights, when a guy absorbs strikes, and withstands them, it is certain that the one throwing will eventually "throw himself out" thereby leaving him highly susceptible to a KO.

I love the attention to the game updates, but EAC needs to sharpen their understanding of stamina and exactly what lack of it does to a fighter's ability to perform when it is drained.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
he ea if you just add tournement mode dlc id pay around 10 for it maybe that a work
Old 01-22-2015, 12:19 AM   #19
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Impressed with EA's updates on this UFC game. I'll definitely miss the updates because things always change in the UFC.. Now if the Madden team can make the same adjustments...
Old 01-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #20
Rookie

renome's Arena

props, EA UFC!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:24 AM   #21
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC Free Content Update Available Now - Adds 4 New Fighters & Some Fixe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
It's definitely draining, but I don't notice it draining much more than it used to. I think I was just expecting a bigger difference.
I think most of us were, but that would have been too drastic. The stamina tax is obviously on the strike thrown. So a missed jab won't cost you as much stamina as a missed power hook. At least that is what I am thinking how it works. So the less stamina tax a strike already has, the less you will notice it. If you have two controllers check it out. Throw jabs that miss and see how fast your stamina goes down as compared to missed power hooks. Unfortunately this still allows some spam, but it is way better than before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 05:46 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
This game single handily changed my view on EA. They can make a great game and all the updates have been fantastic. there's always room for improvement but I;m very happy with the game play and will buy the next installment on day one.

I would urge you to continue to support this game. I'm not asking for anymore patches or free fighters. I want to give you money! I will gladly pay for a tournament mode as well as new fighters. Make it happen EA. I want to give you my money
Old 01-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #23
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I think most of us were, but that would have been too drastic. The stamina tax is obviously on the strike thrown. So a missed jab won't cost you as much stamina as a missed power hook. At least that is what I am thinking how it works. So the less stamina tax a strike already has, the less you will notice it. If you have two controllers check it out. Throw jabs that miss and see how fast your stamina goes down as compared to missed power hooks. Unfortunately this still allows some spam, but it is way better than before.
That's exactly how it works. It's a percentage of the stamina cost of the strike you throw.

If you look very carefully, you can actually see it come off the stamina bar. The first bit comes off as it did before when the strike is first thrown, and the second bit comes off once it's determined if the strike landed or not.

Like you said, jabs cost very little stamina so it's hard to see with those, but with a kick you should be able to see it happen.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:32 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle 34
I will gladly pay for a tournament mode. Make it happen EA. I want to give you my money
Tournament Mode!!!!!!!

Cue Daniel Bryan chant:

"YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!"

@GameplayDevUFC -

The Universe has spoken!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »