Home

EA Sports & Madden NFL 15 Predict Super Bowl XLIX - What's Your Prediction?

This is a discussion on EA Sports & Madden NFL 15 Predict Super Bowl XLIX - What's Your Prediction? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports & Madden NFL 15 Predict Super Bowl XLIX - What's Your Prediction?

EA Sports has simulated Super Bowl XLIX and posted a video from the Xbox One version of Madden NFL 15, using the latest roster update. For those keeping count, EA Sports has predicted 8 out of the last 11 Super Bowl winners, but they were wrong last year.

This year, the simulation predicts a Super Bowl XLIX victory for the New England Patriots, in last second fashion, with Tom Brady winning the MVP award, throwing for over 300 yards and 4 touchdown passes.

What is your prediction?

Read the full press release below.

PATRIOTS TRIUMPH OVER SEAHAWKS IN OFFICIAL
MADDEN NFL 15 SUPER BOWL PREDICTION

Electronic Arts Inc. today released the official Madden NFL 15 Super Bowl Prediction pitting the New England Patriots vs. the Seattle Seahawks. The prediction calls for a tightly-contested game between the two teams, coming down to a heroic play in the final drive to seal the win. The prediction sees New England’s offense overcoming the Seahawks’ defense to pull out a 28-24 victory.

The Patriots kicked off the scoring early, marching down the field on their first possession and capping it off with a 21-yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady to Rob Gronkowski. Seattle would answer with a field goal later in the quarter, keeping the game close heading into the 2nd.

New England and Seattle traded TDs in the period, but as the Patriots attempted their final drive before the half the Seahawks’ vaunted secondary struck, with Earl Thomas III intercepting a pass intended for Gronkowski and returning it 58 yards for a touchdown. With that pick the Seahawks took the lead into halftime, 17-14.

Coming out of the locker room Seattle kept momentum on their side by scoring on their first possession with a 9-yard touchdown run by Marshawn Lynch. The Patriots were on the ropes, but they came out swinging and Tom Brady once again found Rob Gronkowski for a touchdown from 14 yards out.

The 4th quarter was a defensive battle, with neither team able to put points on the board early. Late in the game Patriots cornerback Darrelle Revis made his presence known, intercepting a Russell Wilson pass and giving the Pats one last chance to win. In the waning seconds Tom Brady hooked up with Julian Edelman, who managed to slip out of a tackle and make a break for the end zone. Kam Chancellor sprinted toward Edelman to try and make a Super Bowl-saving tackle, but the speedy Edelman dove into the Promised Land as time expired, securing victory.

Tom Brady was named MVP of the game thanks to his 335 yard, 4-touchdown performance, his third such honor. Julian Edelman led all receivers with 8 catches for 106 yards, while Marshawn Lynch proved to be unstoppable on the ground with 118 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden never has the defensive team winning games in a sim. It predicted Denver last year too. I am not saying that NE can't win, but Tom Brady throwing 4 TD passes on the Seahawks defense is a bold prediction. If NE wins, it's because of the ground game with a few great throws by Brady (I'm thinking a stat line of like 274 yds and 2 TD if that).

Side note: On CFM, the twitter feed always talks about how defenses don't win championships. It feels kind of scripted that the best offense wins it in the Super Bowl every year.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: EA Sports & Madden NFL 15 Predict Super Bowl XLIX - What's Your Prediction?

I'm predicting a low to medium scoring game, with New England's Red Zone offense (and defense) being the difference-maker, something like 21-17 or 24-21; Patriots win, pulling out the victory late, as they look to Gronk with the game on the line, late in the 4th quarter.

It'll be a close well fought battle, though, unlike last years, I feel it'll be close, no matter which side wins.

Last edited by EarthboundMysfit; 01-26-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Silly detail, but the Super Bowl patch goes on the left side... they have ALWAYS gotten this wrong...Has always been my problem with Madden, they gloss over details and leave it that way for the next few decades.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports & Madden NFL 15 Predict Super Bowl XLIX - What's Your Prediction?

I think the Seahawks are a better team and will squeak out a victory, 24-17, plus I'm hoping for anything but a Patriots win. It just wouldn't seem right if they 'won' after all of this deflating footballs nonsense. I heard on the radio that now they're blaming some 'evil' ballboy as the culprit for this. There is no end to where this team will go to bend and/or break the rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I think the Seahawks are a better team and will squeak out a victory, 24-17, plus I'm hoping for anything but a Patriots win. It just wouldn't seem right if they 'won' after all of this deflating footballs nonsense. I heard on the radio that now they're blaming some 'evil' ballboy as the culprit for this. There is no end to where this team will go to bend and/or break the rules.
The ball boy you mentioned was identified by the NFL, not the patriots, as a person of interest. Some facts that don't get mentioned for everyone that skims headlines and doesn't read the articles:
1) the only ball that measured 2 PSI lower was the one the colts handled, all others were 1 PSI lower which is the weight of a dollar bill.
2) the NFL director of Operations and head of the investigation is a former Jets executive who was at the helm when Belichick bolted for the Pats. He was on the Colts sideline during the game.
3) a former bears ball boy said in an article that they would always prep game balls to the QB's liking and present them to refs pre game. They would always just squeeze them and inspect the laces, they never used a gauge and they didn't reject a single football
Old 01-27-2015, 01:03 AM   #7
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpats
The ball boy you mentioned was identified by the NFL, not the patriots, as a person of interest. Some facts that don't get mentioned for everyone that skims headlines and doesn't read the articles:
1) the only ball that measured 2 PSI lower was the one the colts handled, all others were 1 PSI lower which is the weight of a dollar bill.
2) the NFL director of Operations and head of the investigation is a former Jets executive who was at the helm when Belichick bolted for the Pats. He was on the Colts sideline during the game.
3) a former bears ball boy said in an article that they would always prep game balls to the QB's liking and present them to refs pre game. They would always just squeeze them and inspect the laces, they never used a gauge and they didn't reject a single football
Thanks for this reply.

That clears up quite a lot in my mind. Maybe the NFL realised that both teams are hated and are now trying to make one more hated than the other hahahaha
Old 01-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports & Madden NFL 15 Predict Super Bowl XLIX - What's Your Prediction?

im hoping the seahawks win

just did a sim myself of the super bowl pats won 16-9

there was a COMBINED 21 sacks..... pats had 14 hawks had 7.

neither QB lite it up brady didnt throw a TD Wilson had 1 TD.

Wilson also lost a fumble with game on line from the 3 yard line he ran an option play and got popped.

the hawks held the pats and almost tied it but the deep pass was caught and baldwin was brought down @ 4 yard line time ran out on hawks.

only TD's in game were by baldwin and blount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »