Home

MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 15 The Show now available digitally at the PS Store!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
I'm definitely going digital pre-load this year. Plan on playing at 12:01AM Tuesday and I took the day off as well.
You should actually plan on playing at 12:00 not :01. HAHA. (Stores wait till :01 to make sure it's past Midnight.. But for digital pre orders that are pre downloaded... once 12:00 hits, the application launches instantaneously. (Provided you select it to play before the timer runs out).
Old 02-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #10
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

On the topic of the digital version - did anyone buy it last year and if so, how were loading times? Anyone replace their stock HD with a hybrid or SSD and notice improvements? If there was no difference I might just roll with the physical version.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #11
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
On the topic of the digital version - did anyone buy it last year and if so, how were loading times? Anyone replace their stock HD with a hybrid or SSD and notice improvements? If there was no difference I might just roll with the physical version.
There will be no differences in load times between physical and digital. No matter what you play the whole game off the HDD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
There will be no differences in load times between physical and digital. No matter what you play the whole game off the HDD.
heh I completely forgot about that, dat PS3 effect
Old 02-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
This made me think of an interesting question only Ramone might have the answer to. When the preload starts, will that initiate the entire game download or just the base needed to start up the game and play a quick game (probably with the World Series teams)? Basically what I'm asking is will the entire game be downloaded and ready to go before release day (assuming the connection is fast enough), or will we actually have to start the game on release day to enable downloading the rest of the game?

Sorry if that's too confusing. Anyone who preloaded NBA2K might be able to answer this as well - I think they did it the same way.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #14
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This made me think of an interesting question only Ramone might have the answer to. When the preload starts, will that initiate the entire game download or just the base needed to start up the game and play a quick game (probably with the World Series teams)? Basically what I'm asking is will the entire game be downloaded and ready to go before release day (assuming the connection is fast enough), or will we actually have to start the game on release day to enable downloading the rest of the game?

Sorry if that's too confusing. Anyone who preloaded NBA2K might be able to answer this as well - I think they did it the same way.

I'm not sure what's actually downloaded first, but if you pre download 2 days before the entire game should be completely ready to go at midnight. Did this with madden and I was playing the full game at midnight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #15
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

The entire game should download. Preload would be pretty much useless if it didnt.

Best part about this year is when i go to install the disk i can actually play with a team i like. WE WERE RELEVANT FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

Dont you screw me Ramone. It better be the WS teams.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 02-10-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
The entire game should download. Preload would be pretty much useless if it didnt.

Best part about this year is when i go to install the disk i can actually play with a team i like. WE WERE RELEVANT FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!

What I wouldn't give to see the Cubs in Show '16's initial quick game matchup...

You're probably right - I just haven't done a preload yet so I don't really know what to expect with that. What I do expect is an hour or so wait with the disc version while everything installs to the PS4, before the entire game becomes available to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »