Home

Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream

This is a discussion on Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2015, 11:44 PM   #17
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Cliff Notes & Tidbits From Yesterday's MLB 15 The Show Livestream

oh yeah i get that. I think we are getting misunderstood when he says live. To me live is when you can choose to throw a pitch and hit the ball. So thats what i was talking about. What he wants would be a cut scene before an at bat happens. Showing the pitcher and catcher standing there and then going to the live game play of choosing your pitch / hitting the ball.

Im also pretty tired so maybe i have no idea what im talking about. Regardless i think we are on the same page just wording it different.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:00 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
The one of Lincecum wasnt a replay. Just a cut scene at the end of an inning.
A cut scene that replayed events that had already occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
He means that they showed the result of a pitch and the player reactions AFTER it happened. He wants to see a split screen cut scene LIVE. As he was explaining, showing some pre pitch emotions before a big pitch live would be pretty cool
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Right...but if I'm getting what he's saying....in a pressure situation...he'd like that scene to play before the outcome of the play....to add to the tension....like when bases are loaded...the TV broadcasts will do a zoom in on the runner at each base and then(or before)...pan to show the bases juiced.

M.K.
Knight165
Exactly. To use the split screen in real time would mean a lot for the immersion and excitement of the game.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #19
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Thanks for the summary Jason!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:23 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
I apologize if this question has been raised in this blog or any other or if it was mentioned in the fact sheet,but is instant replay going to be in the game this year?
Old 02-14-2015, 01:28 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Not sure I'm liking this aspect. I'd prefer to be able manage a bullpen like a manager would.
I totally agree with you man! I think the bullpens should be like in real MLB Baseball. You can't use a certain guy because he's to tired hence he cannot be used. It makes you manage your bullpen with alot more caution. Definitely adds a whole lot of realism to the game. They should implement that in future additions or give you the option to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #22
Banned

Has there been any more mention of what the radio show is going to be all about? Sorry if that question has been asked before.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:37 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Not sure I'm liking this aspect. I'd prefer to be able manage a bullpen like a manager would.
I just like it from an online perspective in regards to starters. Too many times people would run out their ace game after game. You'd hardly ever see anyone use their 2-5 starters. The random selection for starters would force people to use different guys. Maybe there wouldn't be so many 355-2 online players who only use their top guy anymore.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:28 AM   #24
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
I just like it from an online perspective in regards to starters. Too many times people would run out their ace game after game. You'd hardly ever see anyone use their 2-5 starters. The random selection for starters would force people to use different guys. Maybe there wouldn't be so many 355-2 online players who only use their top guy anymore.
Yeah I'm okay with random starters but maybe about 3/5 of most bullpens may never see the mound. I'm mainly playing Diamond Dynasty online head to head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »