Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #17
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Sounds like its time to get rid of this feature and open up some space and finally give us Created A Stadium
Old 02-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #18
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

I try it out every year but only play offline. I usually lose interest quickly bc of the random players and the tedious task of training them.

Definitely gonna give it a shot this year. Think they are taking a step in the right direction by making it MLB players only

One improvement that I would like to see would be a less time consuming logo editor. I suck at it, so if it was simplified a bit that would be a plus.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #19
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
Sounds like its time to get rid of this feature and open up some space and finally give us Created A Stadium
Get rid of a feature that could bring more money into their studio?! No reason they should have to do that if they keep building on it like FIFA and NBA2k.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #20
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Get rid of a feature that could bring more money into their studio?! No reason they should have to do that if they keep building on it like FIFA and NBA2k.
What MLB The Show's "Diamond Dynasty" Is, and Why It Isn't Another Ultimate Team

Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #21
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

That link is 3 years old and that version of DD did not work for them. They're now conforming to the ultimate team style that you see in FIFA and NBA2k, just with a small twist(the one created player). Its the perfect move going forward, as leaving money on the table is something they shouldn't do, because being exclusive means they'll never see the sales of a FIFA or NBA2k.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 02-18-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #22
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I am intrigued by it this year and I am going to spend some time with it. The fictious players and quick service time did not have much holding power for me as far as interest with the previous versions.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
The problem is, DD is heavily tied to online, which hasn't been the best lately. If online play doesn't get the same attention as the DD revamp, the game will shoot itself in the foot. Seems silly to drop real money on a mode that relies so much on their online portion if that portion continues to struggle.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #24
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
That link is 3 years old and that version of DD did not work for them. They're now conforming to the ultimate team style that you see in FIFA and NBA2k, just with a small twist(the one created player). Its the perfect move going forward, as leaving money on the table is something they shouldn't do, because being exclusive means they'll never see the sales of a FIFA or NBA2k.
Well I was (poorly) referring to the methods of acquiring good players and how the devs have been pretty adverse to having any kind of pay-to-win or coin/currency farming in their games.

EA and Take-Two make big money on these modes because of microtransactions, but I've been under the impression that The Show team had taken a firm stance against microtransactions and pay-to-win models. But maybe that has changed? It didn't seem like it after watching the stream - there was no incentive to buy packs with real money since every game mode apparently gives points that can be used for diamond dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »