Home

MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Distilled Video and Details

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Distilled Video and Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Distilled Video and Details

If you missed the MLB 15 The Show twitch stream on Diamond Dynasty, here is a four minute video which summarizes the changes pretty succinctly. In short, the mode is seeing a revamp with a much more simplified approach. You'll collect MLB Players almost exclusively, while building up a single fictional player on your Diamond Dynasty team -- who can play any position.

Also, the Sony crew spoke out on the Playstation Blog about the online issues, with a promise it'll be better:

Quote:
"Simply put: a lot of work has gone into improving online play in MLB 15 The Show. The overall experience will be more stable, more consistent, and feel better. As we stated last year when we revealed that we were tearing down and rebuilding the foundation of our netcode, it’s a process. We’re a full year into a major paradigm shift in terms of how we handle synchronization, how we’re hiding latency for the player, etc. We’re going to talk a lot more about what’s gone into it and what fans can expect, but for now we’d just like to assure you that online remains a focus and pillar for us, it’ll be better this year, and it’ll continue to get better."

So there's that.

What do you think about the online guarantees and the new Diamond Dynasty Distilled features?
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Distilled

A 42 sighting, rarer than bigfoot in these parts!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Are there different versions of the same player. We saw the Diamond Trout card and I think in this video a Diamond McCutchen. Are there also Gold, Silver and even common versions of these players? Or is a players card level based on their overall ranking?
Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Just so I'm clear, DD is still only on the PS3/4 as indicated in the fact sheet, correct? The title of the video seems to imply that it's on Vita.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just so I'm clear, DD is still only on the PS3/4 as indicated in the fact sheet, correct? The title of the video seems to imply that it's on Vita.
I would say that is an error on the vid title. The issue on why it was never there was because it did not fit, content was maxed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I would say that is an error on the vid title. The issue on why it was never there was because it did not fit, content was maxed.
I figured as much. The only reason there was any doubt in my mind was that the mode had been simplified this year, and it probably wouldn't have taken up much space as previous iterations did. But if they're completely capped without DD, that wouldn't matter anyway.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #7
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

I see the Wrigley Field scoreboard Batter, Balls, Strikes and outs are finally fixed and are in the correct White color! A lot of us have been wanting this fixed for years and very happy to see it's finally fixed.

Thanks Sony

I hope Citizens Bank Park got a lot of love this year too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (151.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (182.1 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 02-19-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I see the Wrigley Field scoreboard Batter, Balls, Strikes and outs are finally fixed and are in the correct White color! A lot of us have been wanting this fixed for years and very happy to see it's finally fixed.

Thanks Sony
Was wondering when someone was gonna catch that I also noticed the right field scoreboard looks very different from the stretched image we saw across it in the Summer Wind trailer. Different build?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »