Home

The Golf Club Will Feature Five Seasons

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Will Feature Five Seasons within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Golf Club Will Feature Five Seasons

In a blog post on the HB Studios site
, the progress on the upcoming season mode for The Golf Club was detailed a bit. Included was a note about some of the bugs the team ran into and also the five different season modes you can play through were detailed.

Local Club Season -- Compete against players from your local club. The events are staged at forgiving courses and the opposition strength is of a good local amateur standard. This is the place to cut your teeth.

Amateur Season -- You’ll be competing against the best amateurs around the world on a combination of challenging courses and others that are more forgiving. Winning here will open the gate to pitting yourself against the Pros.

Pro Am Season -- Challenge yourself against a combination of professional and top amateur players on courses of varying difficulty. A good season here will elevate you into the Pro Tour.

Pro Season -- The Pro Season is a tough tour against top quality opposition on tough courses. You’ll need to be at your best to break into the elite list of players.

Elite Season -- This is where the best of the best are playing. To be crowned the #1 golfer you will need to play at the highest standard consistently on tough courses. Have you got what you need to be #1?

What do you think about the different levels of season mode? Where will you end up playing?
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: The Golf Club Will Feature Five Seasons

the depth and replayability of this game just keeps getting better and better. Between the tours they are doing and now this season mode, I'm not sure that I will ever need another golf game. I'm serious. You have hundreds of courses to play, a tour mode that I don't see stopping anytime soon, a dedicated dev team that keep adding to the experience without taking from your wallet, and an amazing game that represents the sport of golf as well as any other golf game out on the market.

Now to answer the question I will most definitely be playing local club. And if they decide to make a level lower than that, I'm sure I'll be playing on it...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is starting to remind me of how iracing works
Old 03-02-2015, 09:28 AM   #4
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't wait for to see the awesome content coming in the next 2 title updates (hopefully the 1st will arrive this week). This game is unbelievably good, by far the best sim representation of any sports game that I have ever played. And the addictiveness level is massive. All these incredible courses, new content & a developer who is involved with the forums/community is so refreshing.

This new career/seasons mode looks really interesting.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks guys, great to hear you're enjoying it.

Can you show us some love on your platforms stores and metacritic if you're enjoying it. We seem to have very average reviews, for a reason I'm not 100% sure of
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #6
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne

Can you show us some love on your platforms stores and metacritic if you're enjoying it. We seem to have very average reviews, for a reason I'm not 100% sure of
I sure will.. The Golf Club has been such a refreshing title. I have enjoyed every second of my time with it. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #7
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne

Looks like you can't write a user review for xb1 because the release date is listed in the future (must be because of the forthcoming hard copy edition), but I wrote the following review for PC.

Quote:
I'm a grown adult in my mid 30's, I've been playing golf games dating back to the Links PC series in the early 1990's. I've played numerous editions of Tiger Woods on the PS1, PS2 & xBox360. The Golf Club is bar none the greatest golf simulation of all time, and probably the greatest sports sim also.

The beauty of this game lies in the fantastic swing mechanic, which is easy to learn and challenging to master. The physics system is darn near perfect, all of the shots are available from any spot on the course, you can chip, putt, pitch to your liking around the green.

The game being unlicensed is actually a huge plus IMO. The Greg Norman Course Designer is spectacular, and has been improved beyond belief with numerous (free) game updates/patches. New themes have been added, new objects for course design (walls, fences, stairs etc) have been added and the user community has done an unbelievable job creating some truly breathtaking courses. Real courses can be replicated (there's a very good rendition of Augusta National), but the true strength is the original user creations. These are completely free, can be played cross platform, and compromise some of the best looking/playing courses of any game I can remember.

The hours of my life that I've sunk into this game is amazing, and my many other xBoxOne games collect dust now. The guys at HB Studios should be recognized as truly first class game developers, and TGC is a must play for any golf fan out there.

Anybody who negatively rates this game is a goof in my opinion, who doesn't grasp the concept of playing a round with your mates on a Sunday morning. People complain about the graphics, which are darn good, but could be improved on the XB1. The framerate suffers on some courses packed with objects, but it's not a major problem in any way. People who complain the that swing mechanic doesn't reflect the actual golf swing are just failing to come to grips with a "simulation". I thing many people are frustrated by the fact that you can't apply post shot spin control, and there's no magic system that shows you the path of the ball pre-putt. Putting itself is almost perfect, by far the best representation of putting in any golf game to date.

The other complaint I see a lot is the "bare bones" nature of The Golf Club. Just because the game lacks the face of Tiger Woods and a licensed version of Augusta doesn't mean it's "bare bones" in any way. In fact, I would argue the opposite. The depth of this title is actually a strength, it just comes in the form of thousands of (completely free to play) courses instead of buying a new driver shaft that adds 10 yards to your drive.

The true excellence lies in the gameplay itself. It's the first game that replicates the feel of going out and playing 18 with your mates. Well done HB Studios!

Cheers, Royce
Old 03-15-2015, 03:41 AM   #8
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

This is the season/career mode? I was waiting for this before picking it up but I wanted a golf season. Fighting to get tour cards, rankings, etc.

This just sounds like a tier leveling system and not an actual season/career mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »