Home

The Golf Club Collector's Edition Comes to Consoles Next Month

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Collector's Edition Comes to Consoles Next Month within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Golf Club Collector's Edition Comes to Consoles Next Month

It appears The Golf Club is getting a disk-based console release now. The Golf Club Collector's Edition will be available on April 28, 2015.

The new career mode will be included in the Collector's Edition, along with the same patented gameplay and course creator the game is already known for.

Here are the official features from Maximum Games:

• Uninterrupted gameplay with no mid-game loading times
• Design and build your dream courses by placing hills, lakes, trees, animals, hazards, clubhouses, gazebos, and many more features, wherever you choose!
• Wind variations
• Extensive online community with player forums, challenges, tournaments, and trophies
• Incredibly realistic

We first reported on this being a thing back in January -- and it looks to be that rumor is now fact. With generally positive reviews, this looks to be a move to try to broaden The Golf Club's audience. Look for more information on what is going to differentiate the Collector's Edition (if anything) from the current digital release soon!

UPDATE: According to GameInformer, the new seasons mode will be available exclusively for the Collector's Edition, for a few weeks, after that it will cost roughly $10. Trying to get clarification on this.

UPDATE #2: (via Anthony Kyne of HB Studios) The reason for it is, because the way the submission process works we won't be able to get the updates through 1st party in time for the disk release. But the update that comes 3 weeks after will have more stuff than what is on the disk. Drop balls and out of bounds being two big requests from the community.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
You know what would really broaden the audience for this game? A demo.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
Rookie

chicago23's Arena

OVR: 3
If this comes to pass, any chance that this will be available on PS3 or is it exclusive to next-gen (current-gen?) consoles?
Old 03-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club Collector's Edition Comes to Consoles Next Month

Sorry no hope of a PS3 version, we'd have to rework each course to fit it in memory. We wanted to but just not powerful enough I'm afraid
Old 03-16-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Sorry no hope of a PS3 version, we'd have to rework each course to fit it in memory. We wanted to but just not powerful enough I'm afraid
I updated the OP w/ the following info.

According to GameInformer, the new seasons mode will be available exclusively for the Collector's Edition, for a few weeks, after that it will cost roughly $10.

Quote:
The Collector's Edition also includes all of the game's free updates to date, and for a period of a few weeks, will be gamers' only chance to play the new seasons mode. After the exclusivity window, the mode will be available as paid DLC. Producer Anthony Kyne told us he expects the DLC to cost around $10.
Anything you would like to add to that Anthony? Users that already have the game won't be able to get seasons mode until after the exclusive few weeks, or was that not explained correctly in the article?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...s-edition.aspx
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

The reason for it is, because the way the submission process works we won't be able to get the updates through 1st party I time for the disk release. But the update that comes 3 weeks after will have more stuff than what is on the disk. Drop balls and out of bounds being to big requests from the community
Old 03-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
So, the seasons mode will cost $10 for those of us who already have the game downloaded? That kinda sucks, but I'm happy enough with the game to live with it. When it's all said and done, the digital version will be identical to the disc version, correct?

Thanks Anthony
Old 03-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #8
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
Considering all of the stuff that has been added for free, I don't have a problem with paying $10 for the season mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »