Home

Layoffs Hit Evolution Studios, Major Focus on Driveclub PS Plus Edition

This is a discussion on Layoffs Hit Evolution Studios, Major Focus on Driveclub PS Plus Edition within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Layoffs Hit Evolution Studios, Major Focus on Driveclub PS Plus Edition

Layoffs have hit Evolution Studios, according to Eurogamer, as they continue to focus on the PS Plus edition of Driveclub, which was officially delayed way back in October.

Quote:
Evolution Studios will now focus on DriveClub as a service going forward, in particular, the important launch of the PS Plus Edition. We will be restructuring Evolution Studios to ensure that SCE WWS and in particular, Evolution Studios are in the best position to achieve these goals.

Our first party development studios are key to our creative strategy and we are very excited about the future projects being worked on and the role Evolution Studios will play.
Platform: PS4
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
they can stick that ps plus edition where the sun dont shine,i bought a ps4 the month before it was promised to us and was looking forward to it.now its 20 dollars at gamestop and of course here it comes.go to hell.i will forever boycott this companies games.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

So what does this mean for the regular edition of Driveclub? No more updates? No more expansion packs?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Layoffs Hit Evolution Studios, Major Focus on Driveclub PS Plus Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
So what does this mean for the regular edition of Driveclub? No more updates? No more expansion packs?
I think they have one more update planned.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
For all those still whining for a PS+ version, I rented DriveClub the first week it was released at RedBox. The game wasn't worthy of a purchase until Dec when they had patched in weather, better AI, and car physics. The game now with Replays patched in, is very well done and a lot of fun. Rent it or buy it used.

Its really a shame it debuted not finished, and after a year delay. It should be reviewed fresh as it is now, by all reviewers. Once gamers do play a PS+ version, sales should get another bump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2015, 07:24 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
Season pass content is supposed to release monthly through June. Hopefully that is still the case. I just asked on their FB page. Maybe they will respond.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

@SDwinder aint nobody whining.there aint nothing wrong with telling how you feel about something,like i said i dont want it now,they can keep it.also nobody cares you rented it from redbox your not as important as you think you are.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
they can stick that ps plus edition where the sun dont shine,i bought a ps4 the month before it was promised to us and was looking forward to it.now its 20 dollars at gamestop and of course here it comes.go to hell.i will forever boycott this companies games.
Dude it was just a promised free demo. The game is great that's all that matters, IMO.

Sent using a telephone

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »