Home

The Golf Club: Season Mode Could Be $10 DLC for Digital Customers

This is a discussion on The Golf Club: Season Mode Could Be $10 DLC for Digital Customers within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club: Season Mode Could Be $10 DLC for Digital Customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
All this fuss (and it is a great game), but still, a game that I have yet to come within 15 strokes of breaking par. It's the putting that is highly unfair. 5 and 6-putting on greens...,,,,,
What are you finding hard about it? It's all about the feel, like real life.
I'd prefer not to show the distance marker but some hardcore might hunt me down and kill me :-)
Old 03-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
My only issue with this is that the collector's edition will cost $40, and the base game costs $35. So all the people that decided to support the game during early access purchased the game for $35 and now have to pay $10 for the DLC for a total of $45 instead of $40.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Not a problem for me as a customer. The game is excellent and they seem to always be improving on it...asking for a measly $10 isn't a big deal.

Especially since it's NOT a game with a yearly release cycle, like the old EA golf games.

I love the idea of excellent and passionate indie developers being able to create great games outside of the whole "corporate" structure...and I have no problem supporting them, especially when they make great games!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
My only issue with this is that the collector's edition will cost $40, and the base game costs $35. So all the people that decided to support the game during early access purchased the game for $35 and now have to pay $10 for the DLC for a total of $45 instead of $40.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice if the people who purchase & supported the game since Day 1 would be able to get all the upgrades/benefits of someone buying it on disk 6 months later. I'm all for as many people purchasing as possible to grow the consumer base, but it would have been nice if the disk version was priced at $45, so we'd be even on the digital side ($35+$10).
Old 03-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #20
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

OVR: 0
Happy to support Golf Club even more with money, but what that Season mode really is? What's the difference with Tour mode?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #21
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
All this fuss (and it is a great game), but still, a game that I have yet to come within 15 strokes of breaking par. It's the putting that is highly unfair. 5 and 6-putting on greens...,,,,,
The putting isn't unfair, just takes practice. Most realistic putting mechanic in any game, ever, IMO.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 8

So here's my question...if I don't buy the Collector's Edition DLC, will I still be able to play created courses that use the Tropical and Asian themes? I haven't really gotten into the course designer much so having access to create with those new ones doesn't mean much to me and TGC Tours has more than filled my need for a season mode. Still debating the purchase because I do want to support the devs but I just don't know how much I'd get out of the new (paid) stuff.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #23
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice if the people who purchase & supported the game since Day 1 would be able to get all the upgrades/benefits of someone buying it on disk 6 months later. I'm all for as many people purchasing as possible to grow the consumer base, but it would have been nice if the disk version was priced at $45, so we'd be even on the digital side ($35+$10).
This is only part of this I don't like. So this may have already been covered but will the dlc be separate than the update itself? Or will my psn account be automatically be charged when it downloads?
Old 03-23-2015, 06:29 PM   #24
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
This is only part of this I don't like. So this may have already been covered but will the dlc be separate than the update itself? Or will my psn account be automatically be charged when it downloads?

My belief is that there are two updates coming:
Update #1. Free and includes Tropical theme and walls, fences etc

Update #2) $10 charge and includes adding Season mode

My assumption is we all get the Asian theme, drop balls, out of bounds and the graphical improvements to Xb1 for free, but not until the paid update hits, otherwise there will be a huge disconnect between what courses people can play. The only thing the $10 download gets is the season mode, at least as far as I understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »