Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher, Breaking Down the 2-3 Zone

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher, Breaking Down the 2-3 Zone within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher, Breaking Down the 2-3 Zone

Last week on NBA 2KTV, Scott O'Gallagher showed us some winning tips from the 4-out 1-in set for NBA 2K15. This week he gives us 5 tips to break down the 2-3 zone defense. It's much longer this week (thanks to fan feedback), so make sure you check it out and let your voice be heard this week.

Also in the video is an interview with Hillsong NYC Pastor and mentor to the NBA stars, Carl Lentz along with 2K top plays of the week.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher, Breaking Down the 2-3 Zone

Fantastic OG. No reason this video shouldn't be in 16 in a tutorial or something.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher, Breaking Down the 2-3 Zone

Keep it up 2k.

One of the things this last week has shown is that, if 2k Does content like this for sim players, the sim community will surface and respond.

Czar shouted OS out this week for how the community is doing more positive stuff, like videos, to help new players learn how to play better. And it's true, sim players are stepping up a bit more and more. I think the more 2k steps up to engage us like this, the more sim players will respond and recruit others.

This is how to prevent the shot system whack-a-mole cycle 2k has gotten stuck in. Complaints about lack of green shots? There's an adjustment. Then it gets too overpowered. Complaints about that.

In SimHangout, Brooks pointed out how a lot of players are just scrubs. They're gonna cry. Czar sounds like 2k is responding to polls and such of user feedback, but that might not be the best way to do it. Feedback from the mass of casuals who don't understand how the game (it's many games really, with all the modes) works is not really quality feedback, and leads to bad resource allocation decisions on the dev side.

I'm not saying to discount that stuff, but doing things like what we have been seeing this week to help generate more power user feedback (that's what we are in simnation, power users) balances things out and helps correct for the ADHD feedback of casuals.

Let's all keep it up and stay positive. And like this video on Youtube.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn I remember when the OS community used to jump into this kind of thread and send praise. What has happened these past few years

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Damn I remember when the OS community used to jump into this kind of thread and send praise. What has happened these past few years
Video just came out. This thread will pick up steam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought that was one of the best 2K tips. Great job Scott OG.

I wanted to share with you guys a tip to be able to practice his tips offline against the computer defense.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:45 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

This is just making the right basketball play.

IM glad we're now at the stage where we, as Czar says, play basketball not video games.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:00 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Well, these days we can express that with a like and not a post. Hopefully those are counted and interpreted correctly by the video creator.

But since I'm posting now, and not just "liking", this statement requires no interpretation: I love seeing the X's and O's of a sport being broken down like this in a video game context. Can't get enough of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »