Home

MLB 15 The Show Year-to-Year Saves Tutorial Video

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Year-to-Year Saves Tutorial Video within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 15 The Show Year-to-Year Saves Tutorial Video

For those of you curious to see how MLB 15 The Show year-to-year saves work in RTTS, Franchise, or Season modes, check out the latest video, as Ramone Russell shows you how simple it is.

More details about year-to-year saves can be seen here, as quite a few people already have the game and testing it out. Ramone is there answering a few questions.

Below are some notes on year-to-year saves, specific to players no longer part of the MLBPA:
  • We only remove players who are no longer a part of the Players Association. We update all the MLB players created by us.
  • If players are no longer part of the MLBPA, their likeness will not be in the game.
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show Year-to-Year Saves Tutorial Video

Knowing that the equipment updates is awesome! Every sports game should have this feature. Tomorrow can not get here soon enough
Old 03-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

So if a player who played MLB in previous years, but then misses an en entire year due to an injury, this player is no longer a member of the MPBPA and they need to play in at least one MLB game in the current season before they are reinstated to the MLBPA? That seems weird. Perhaps it makes sense in the real world for the lawyers, but when it comes to this game you would think there could be some sort of exception made for the injured players.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
So if a player who played MLB in previous years, but then misses an en entire year due to an injury, this player is no longer a member of the MPBPA and they need to play in at least one MLB game in the current season before they are reinstated to the MLBPA? That seems weird. Perhaps it makes sense in the real world for the lawyers, but when it comes to this game you would think there could be some sort of exception made for the injured players.
I don't think being injured means you're not in the MLBPA. I'm pretty sure if you have a major league contract you're in the MLBPA. Alex Rodriguez is a good example of having a whole year off and being back this year. He didnt play any last year but is in the game this year.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 03-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Jeter in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglaze
Is Jeter in the game?
No.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramone do you know if the players like Kris Medlen who arent in the default rosters and were hurt last year will be added in the next roster update or will we have to wait until they appear in another game this year?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:37 PM   #7
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
No.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramone do you know if the players like Kris Medlen who arent in the default rosters and were hurt last year will be added in the next roster update or will we have to wait until they appear in another game this year?
Remember your save file is it's own timeline if you started and those guys are missing they will stay missing. We are looking at a player import feature but that's probably for mlb 16.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
I don't think being injured means you're not in the MLBPA. I'm pretty sure if you have a major league contract you're in the MLBPA. Alex Rodriguez is a good example of having a whole year off and being back this year. He didnt play any last year but is in the game this year.
If injured players are not removed from the MLBPA, then why were they removed from the game? If we need to wait until these players play a game at the Major League level before they are allowed to return into the game, then we could be waiting months despite the fact that many of these players (Medlens, Bouchy and Josh Johnsons to name a few) are on their club's respective 40-man rosters. I was under the impression that if someone was on a 40-man roster then they would be in the game (not counting the rookies of course). Just trying to understand what the rules are that caused these injured players to be removed from the game.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-30-2015 at 04:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »