Home

MLB 15 The Show: First Impressions (Video)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: First Impressions (Video) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: First Impressions (Video)

MLB 15 The Show dropped today in stores, and many OS'ers have their hands on this year's flagship MLB title. I took some time to record some thoughts while I played through my first game this morning in The Show. You can watch the video above to hear some of my thoughts and see some gameplay, including my terrible hitting, hey it was my first game and my timing was off!

Watch the video and let us know what you think of The Show after your first few hours with the game!
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
I am free swinging like you,, I wish I had more patience at the plate.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: First Impressions (Video)

Nice review. Maybe next time OS can get some one that can play the game smooth. jk.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
I like your constant Positive Mental Attitude - "I told myself I wouldn't embarrass myself..."
Old 03-31-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Timmer015's Arena

OVR: 3

So far I like MLB 15 The Show, but that really isn't a surprise. I liked MLB 14 The Show, and this feels like a much cleaner version of it. I'm a little disappointed that it seems like the "big thing" this year is licensed gear, had a feeling they were putting too much importance on that and it seems to be the case.

All that being said, much quicker load times, things seem crisper, hitting feels a bit tougher. Overall a great game.

My hopes for next year is that we get a bump in the graphics department. The game still feels a bit "gamey" if that makes any sense. I like to see a more dynamic uniform design, hard to look at the stiff sleeves, although I will say it's great to see the catcher gear look like it fits this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer015
So far I like MLB 15 The Show, but that really isn't a surprise. I liked MLB 14 The Show, and this feels like a much cleaner version of it. I'm a little disappointed that it seems like the "big thing" this year is licensed gear, had a feeling they were putting too much importance on that and it seems to be the case.

All that being said, much quicker load times, things seem crisper, hitting feels a bit tougher. Overall a great game.

My hopes for next year is that we get a bump in the graphics department. The game still feels a bit "gamey" if that makes any sense. I like to see a more dynamic uniform design, hard to look at the stiff sleeves, although I will say it's great to see the catcher gear look like it fits this year!
After reading what you stated gameplay wise 15 from 14 isn't really that different correct? It just a bit cleaner. What exactly do you mean by cleaner?

Im so on the fence on buying this game. I just don't feel like shelling out $60 and it really isn't a huge difference from 14 to 15.

The thing is MLB the show has always been a solid product, and after buying the game every year. I just have a hard time believing that it can get any better when the game is already solid.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Only in the gameplay department.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0
I am in the party that feels it would be a huge mistake for SCEA to think that their only room for improvement is game gear.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:01 PM   #8
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgamer72
I am in the party that feels it would be a huge mistake for SCEA to think that their only room for improvement is game gear.
Why would they think that?
...and why would you think that they might think that.
Furthest from the truth you could get.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »