Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)

Is fielding still automated with your controls overridden by the cpu ?
Old 04-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #18
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I never understand the phrase "take big risks to move forward. "

There isn't a whole lot that I would want to change to enjoy the game.

There is a saying that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Changing some of the game engines radically could destroy what we love about the game.

I'm hoping that they continue to add refinements and build the game modes to the next levels.
While I agree that a complete overhaul isn't necessary this game has gone from an annual purchase to one that I'll buy every 2-3 years. I'd like to see them do something to justify shelling out another $60 each year other than just minor adjustments.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
No, I'm saying more important things should take priority. I, personally, don't think commentary should take priority over something like player models or improvements to Franchise or RTTS.

I would love for The Show's commentary to improve, but a lot of people seem to make it a huge deal which I disagree with.
I think that's why they should ditch the idea of redoing the play-by-play commentary / new commentators / lines / etc. because of the work it requires, and instead create segments with replays or stat-overlays (or both!) during the game (similar to batter-pitcher duel breakdowns) and add-in new lines for those specific to each game to make them more unique and immersive.

Lines are always going to get repeated in sports games, so until there's tech out there that can create organic, contextual commentary for game situations, I've always felt the focus on this aspect of presentation should be used to showcase the game itself and the storylines occuring throughout the game.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #20
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

OVR: 0
Nice review. I too am baffled why they got rid of the stride in pure analog. I thought at first I was doing something wrong or the setting was off. Definitely makes it less realistic in my opinion.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's surprising to me this game currently stands at 75 at metacritic, but it's still early. I don't see how anyone can play this with all it has to offer and come away thinking it's not at least in the 80s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #22
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
It's surprising to me this game currently stands at 75 at metacritic, but it's still early. I don't see how anyone can play this with all it has to offer and come away thinking it's not at least in the 80s.
That, and looking at the names of the reviewers so far has me like...

YouTube

Old 04-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 4

Well I just bought a PS4 to play this game as all I have read was love for this and last year's games.....

Considering I am from the UK, not a fan of baseball (but love sports sims) I gotta say I am absolutely loving this game so much. I am starting to appreciate the sport now (much like I now love basketball from playing basketball sims). Won 1 lost 2 on my nationals franchise and I just want to play more.... Shame I have to go to bed now for work an 7 hours time... Pull a sickie??

About the commentary being a complaint.. From a totally new user I am loving it so far... I'm sure it will become stale soon.

I always like to play franchises... Should I give the rtts a go? Never tried a be a pro mode before.....
Old 04-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 6
I wish they did some more modes or something new. I've done all the current modes in previous versions of the game. This probably goes for most sports games which have the same modes for the last 3-4 years. Feels like I'm playing the same old game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »