Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

Well, that's unfortunate.

Glad to hear this game is going to be on EA Access. After the NHL fiasco I'd be concerned to see what modes make the game this year, if it's full featured, and how the gameplay is. They've had plenty of time to work on it IMO, so it should be full featured, with plenty of courses.

I'd like to think EA has taken a look at the course creator in TGC and the possibility of endless courses in their competition's product. Hopefully they notice that, and include plenty of courses in the game purchase price, while reducing the cost of a possible DLC package for additional courses. One game is doing it for free... I get, and appreciate that these are real courses, that cost money to license in EA's DLC packs, but hopefully they realize the fact they can be created endlessly in a competitors product, and drop the price. I've found their DLC offerings to be great from a content standpoint, but not from a pricing standpoint in this series. Hopefully the availability of TGC and it's course creator cause EA to think about what they charge for the DLC. It's a big hope I'm sure, but... I think they should strongly consider it.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 24

With the lack of info and not even a concrete release date for a game that's supposed to be out in June, this game is shaping up to be a huge disappointment. It seems like EA is touting the new graphics and the out of bounds gimmick (play from anywhere and go exploring LOL) as THE prime new features of this game. If they end up pulling a NHL and making it bare bones and pulling out features that were in TW14 (so they can slyly reinstate them in later versions, ie: Augusta) then this game will be a sales disaster.

They won't be getting my money, and I also don't have to buy a PS4, which I had planned to buy just for this game, so it works out well for me.

Maybe the lack of info is because they have nothing else to announce regarding new features that weren't in the game before. What a letdown that's gonna be for a game they apparently needed 2 years to make.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #11
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
X2 here. That $$ will be paid before the game releases. Sucks that Augusta won't be in and that can't be denied but I loved TW14 and I'm sure this one will be played just as much if not more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sim mode was pretty challenging for TW14. I'm excited.

You'll probably acquire an early copy as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Sim mode was pretty challenging for TW14. I'm excited.

You'll probably acquire an early copy as well.

That is always the plan. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #13
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
With the lack of info and not even a concrete release date for a game that's supposed to be out in June, this game is shaping up to be a huge disappointment. It seems like EA is touting the new graphics and the out of bounds gimmick (play from anywhere and go exploring LOL) as THE prime new features of this game. If they end up pulling a NHL and making it bare bones and pulling out features that were in TW14 (so they can slyly reinstate them in later versions, ie: Augusta) then this game will be a sales disaster.

They won't be getting my money, and I also don't have to buy a PS4, which I had planned to buy just for this game, so it works out well for me.

Maybe the lack of info is because they have nothing else to announce regarding new features that weren't in the game before. What a letdown that's gonna be for a game they apparently needed 2 years to make.
Lol no out of bounds a gimmick? Are you serious? You either never played golf before or just looking for something to complain about. Of course there will out of bounds. the new engine frostbite will let you play a different hole if a slice/hook one into the next fairway. It happens in real life too. It will be placed realistically I'm sure just as with every other boundry. But alas some people just have this agenda that if ea is making it, it can't be good.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
But alas some people just have this agenda that if ea is making it, it can't be good.
That's usually an accurate statement. Actually EA usually makes pretty decent games, but they always have at least one thing that is broken in them that drive purist nuts and take away the sim element. Excluding Augusta definitely feels like a DLC money grab.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6
Contracts take two to tango. Maybe Augusta just said "No", they are an authority unto themselves in the golfing world, The Masters tournament is fully run by them and not the USGA or R&A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im more upset that TPC Scottsdale is a pre order bonus

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »