Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #17
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Was excited when announced but with lack of list of courses, getting concerned... I don't want another fictional course game, have that with the Golf Club which sits dormant on my PS4, hate that game... With EA having a PGA license, was hoping for 20+ actually courses... Not really in the mood to shot over a battleship or through a pyramid in a jungle... Lack of PGA courses will be a deal breaker. I don't mind paying for DLC, but want a course list before the game is released to see if it is worth the $59.99 out of the gate... This could be another NHL15 debacle...
Old 04-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
That is ashame Augusta isn't going to be in it this year : - ( I don't know if anybody has seen it,but on Amazon the release date is December 31st,unless they changed it.
No it's still there but it's just a placeholder as that is a Thursday.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Was excited when announced but with lack of list of courses, getting concerned... I don't want another fictional course game, have that with the Golf Club which sits dormant on my PS4, hate that game... With EA having a PGA license, was hoping for 20+ actually courses... Not really in the mood to shot over a battleship or through a pyramid in a jungle... Lack of PGA courses will be a deal breaker. I don't mind paying for DLC, but want a course list before the game is released to see if it is worth the $59.99 out of the gate... This could be another NHL15 debacle...
Gsize, what don't you like about The Golf Club? Have you played it after recent patches this year? Is it you only like real courses? Some of the designs are really great. Better than most real courses even.

Recently, I found a great way to view shot in real time. Choose the view that stays behind golfer, then during ball flight, press X button at any time and camera will smoothly catch up to ball. It is a great feature, because you control when the camera pans to ball, or not at all. Check it out.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:39 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No it's still there but it's just a placeholder as that is a Thursday.
Oh ok. I work for Amazon and I'm not in on that one lol.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #21
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Oh ok. I work for Amazon and I'm not in on that one lol.
Explains some of my amazon calls when they do not understand things... LOL jk (sorta)

Games without official release dates always have a placeholder when available to pre-order. Always been that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

Agreed, I think Golf Club is fantastic. One of my all-time favorite golf games. I'm amazed at the skill of some of the course designers out there - there are some real gems to play. But I'm not an either/or kind of guy - I'm sure I'll get into EA Sports' golf game, too, I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope, for the love of Bobby Jones that they get rid of that Goddang cartoony big-headed clubs. WHY is it so difficult to make them look normal??? The driver looks like a bowling ball on the end of a stick! I DO understand that clubs ARE bigger nowdays, but not as big as they show in the game. It's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
Gsize, what don't you like about The Golf Club? Have you played it after recent patches this year? Is it you only like real courses? Some of the designs are really great. Better than most real courses even.

Recently, I found a great way to view shot in real time. Choose the view that stays behind golfer, then during ball flight, press X button at any time and camera will smoothly catch up to ball. It is a great feature, because you control when the camera pans to ball, or not at all. Check it out.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

He owns it, checked it out, and hates it. I'm in the same boat. It's ugly, it's presentation is horrid, and it is nowhere near as SIM as it is made out to be. Basically, it feels like people have given it far more breaks than they would an EA title.

I'm lookin forward to the next Golf game with the fun country clubs and online tourneys, including Play the Pros. I've found that if you are actually willing to play on the higher difficulties, with boosts and post-shot spin turned off, the Tiger Woods played as solid of a game as TGC.

And I'll take licensed courses over user created ones every time. It's easier to set up online tours and tourneys with everyone on the same page. I'll pay for the real courses over sifting through the user created courses in hopes of filling out a library of ugly courses.

I think TGC is going to be great long term, but I don't pay for potential. I'll wait for them to release a better version.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #24
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:

SDwinder, that's what I don't like about it, it's all fictional courses, just not a fun game. I have played it post patches, it loses its value after a few holes for me. Just grip and rip, I have never had a bad drive in this game... Just my opinion, and like everyone, I have one. I'm just not a fan of the golf club... EA has the PGA license, they need to come up huge...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »