Home

2K Sports Restores NBA 2K14 Servers After Outrage

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Restores NBA 2K14 Servers After Outrage within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #17
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K Sports Restores NBA 2K14 Servers After Outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Good thing to do, 2K. I give you props for not being prideful and ignoring your customers complaints.

Now if you could throw on those 2K11 servers for a little bit. I'll dust my xbox 360 off in seconds and get my crew going lol.
Yo! lol I was saying the same thing. I would buy those servers. And just run them at home myself.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 AM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
Doesn't this bring into question the ability to bring old saves to the new game a la MLB The Show this year? If they're gonna shut down servers and force u to buy the new game they should have to implement this technology in order for those who don't feel like starting all the way over right away. 80 years in a My League is great for those who Sim most games. I personally enjoy playing every game 12 min quarters. So I barely get thru the 1st season with all these changes that require u to start over. Would be great if they considered making old saves transferable
This is exactly what 2k should look into. I'm surprised after all these years it wouldn't be easy to just transfer. I would hate to have to rebuild my player every damn year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I moved on from 2K14 in Oct. I don't get up on the MyCareer stuff, either. But this is pretty cool on 2K's part IMO The "always online" setup was dumb from the start. But it's great to see 2K trying to make amends.
That's where they went wrong. The whole online checking thing was stupid.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #19
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
This is exactly what 2k should look into. I'm surprised after all these years it wouldn't be easy to just transfer. I would hate to have to rebuild my player every damn year.

That's where they went wrong. The whole online checking thing was stupid.
Yeah. That was a bad move. I couldn't even enjoy MyGm mode because of 2K's spotty server. I can relate to how those guys feel. 2K14 was a beautiful game that played great, but the online stuff just ruined it for me. I lost a little love for 2K afterwards. But 2K15 is that deal, they hit a homerun with it, IMO. Hopefully they continue to learn from 2K14.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #20
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Still a complete joke. My Career / My GM should never be tied to online. (I am fully aware that you can play them disconnected however you also do not get the full experience without the server tie-in.)

These modes should be fully and completely independent of the 2K servers.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #21
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Tieing MyCareer so closely to a mandatory requirement of being online and force fed rosters (no custom rosters for new careers) is proving to do more harm then good in the long run.

Anyone trying to play multiple years of a career and utilize everything the mode has to offer either has to devote a lot of time in each 28 month cycle or they will feel cheated once the servers go off.

The fact that 2k has not thought this through shows me that their vision in presenting MC and My GM is fatefully flawed.

It certainly puts major concerns on my decision to buy next year's cycle, as MC is the most used mode for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #22
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I think all this shows is that your 60$ pays for the game and a 1 year subscription to 2k servers. That needs to be taken into consideration when buying the game each year. That should also be taken into consideration by 2k when making modes mandatory online which I'm sure won't be the case in 2k16....
Old 04-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #23
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yo! lol I was saying the same thing. I would buy those servers. And just run them at home myself.

LOL. I've been saying a long time, I and others would pay to get those 2K11 servers back on for awhile.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 04-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #24
Rookie

2K is definitely falling off. They had so many golden opportunities to blow out their opponent, but they are letting them comeback. Not to say I don't want Live to succeed because I do. However, 2K has been very disappointing and I am very glad I didn't buy this years version. The fact that they shut down their 2K14 servers showed how greedy they are and that they are not in touch with their customers.

Live is getting closer to the checkmate. They just need smoother gameplay, more features and modes. If they add in Adidas Live Run and FIBA, it's over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »