Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)

For the past few years, the motto for MLB The Show has been "baseball is better." This year, the Sony team has certainly made baseball gaming even better than it was last year; not just for new-gen users, but for PS3 users as well. With all the focus being on the PS4 edition, the PS3 has been largely overlooked. However, that does not mean it has been ignored by SCEA.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Good review and I agree with most of your points. I think it would have been very important to mention in the graphics portion though that stadiums are nearly untouched. For it to be truly be a "15" version of the game, the stadiums (especially Ballpark village at Busch, and Progressive Field's renovation) should be included!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Good review and I agree with most of your points. I think it would have been very important to mention in the graphics portion though that stadiums are nearly untouched. For it to be truly be a "15" version of the game, the stadiums (especially Ballpark village at Busch, and Progressive Field's renovation) should be included!
Bacon, bar Busch and Prog they did add the new Citi Field dimensions and Petco's new video board (as mentioned in the impressions thread)
Old 04-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
Bacon, bar Busch and Prog they did add the new Citi Field dimensions and Petco's new video board (as mentioned in the impressions thread)
They updated the Rogers Centre too, looks amazing.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9
Major bug with dropped SECOND strikes, resulting from a check swing that bounces in the dirt. In two games out of three, my batter has been thrown out at first attempting to run out a ball in the dirt. With a 1-1 count. Hopefully the PS3 gets some attention as far as an update goes. Freezing and hang ups are one thing, major oversights such as this are another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggazoo
Thanks for reminding me! I saw the backstop area during a demo game after putting the controller down for a while and was pleasantly surprised by the makeover it had received!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggazoo
They fixed the Jays uniform color too, which is a nice surprise on PS3. That complaint can officially be put to bed!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy

Yes, they did some little things, but to leave out a WHOLE group of buildings that is a crucial part of the way Busch looks now?

This is close to leaving old Yankee Stadium or Pro Player Stadium in, when a new ballpark was due for NYY and FLA. Or to call the Miami Marlins still the Florida Marlins with their old unis.

The only other stadium to get that much of a stiff was Wrigley. I might have chalked it up to legal issues but Ballpark Village is in PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »