Home

Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots

This is a discussion on Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots

Man, these screenshots DO look amazing, but... I think they're transition shots. Like, when you finish a hole and it goes to a little cut scene before the next hole.

It's certainly interesting they haven't shown any actual "in play" screens.

I hope I'm wrong, and that the actual game looks this good. That would be awesome.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #18
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Anyone desiring some great Augusta National action needs to play the TGC Magnolia National courses, they are simply amazing.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...88061#msg88061

Quote:
Currently published:

Magnolia National, Georgia (Sunday) - Not many changes from the Beta. Modified the lighting a bit to brighten things up. Did some slight work on the 1st hole and 1st and 2nd greens. Was able to free up the planting limit, so did some more planting around the clubhouse, 10th tee area, and the 18th fairway and added a few missing benches and trash cans.

Magnolia National, Georgia (Saturday) - Changed all pin positions to Saturday locations. Modified some tees to change hole distances or shots. Overall, with a few longer tees and back pins, will play a bit longer than Sunday. Modified lighting to more of an afternoon feel, as opposed to late afternoon/early evening of Sunday.

Magnolia National, Georgia (Friday) - Changed all pins. Lighting changed to mid-day, will be the brightest of all of the versions.

Magnolia National, Georgia (Thursday) - Welcome to Thursday morning at the Masters! All new pins again, but not easier by any means. This one will actually play slightly longer than each of the other 3. Oh, and the best view of the 13th hole of any version in the morning sunlight.

Magnolia National, Georgia (Casual) - Meant to be the most enjoyable to play. Nice and bright. Firmness is turned down just below medium, green speeds turned down from the max to somewhere around med-fast. Some tees are moved up where possible, and the pins for each hole will be the most forgiving that can be offered for that hole. Get out and enjoy being a member for the day!
Old 04-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

For that great Masters atmosphere.

Www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrhwHywwuEk
Old 04-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #20
Rookie

It's all about user generated content for me. The Golf Club fills that void beautifully.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
There are a lot of great golf courses, I'm not sure why the same one has to be in the game every time.

Obviously, user generated courses opens up a limitless world of courses, but otherwise, the developers are only going to have the time and resources to model a modest number of courses for a game. I'd rather them rotate in some different ones with each release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
That's a pretty ridiculous statement given the fact that the series has been around for what... 12 years at least? and Augusta has only been in it the last 3 or so.

I get that it sucks that it's not in it, but lets not act like it's some key piece of the game and that without it the game is worthless. Then, like some go worship another game that has no real courses whatsoever.

Daytona is required to play a NASCAR title because it's part of the season. So is Augusta, I get that, but there's numerous other courses that aren't in the game that the PGA tour stops at.

Again, I get that Augusta is a big deal, and it sucks to me too that it's not going to be there, but lets not get carried away here.

What's important to me with this title is all of the modes and features being there. You can't help it if Augusta declined to license again this year (if that's what happened) or if EA just couldn't work out a deal to get it done. Licensing is tricky. It is what it is at this point.

Either way you want to look at it, this is an EA access try before I buy title to me. I have TGC. I'm ok with it. I can get by with it. I'd prefer this title based on it's visuals alone, but it's going to have to play a good round of golf too, not just impress my eyes. Augusta isn't going to make or break it for me, just like it didn't in the past when it wasn't available.
I had no idea Augusta wasn't in until recently. I always thought the game followed the tour closely. For example, we can start playing the Masters, then go to the next big event, and the one after, and so on.

Apologies for speaking out about something I don't know that much about. I am surprised Augusta wasn't always in, seeing how this is their big weekend with The Masters.

Last edited by Segagendude; 04-09-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #23
Banned

Not only that, but it had never been a part of any video game before TW 12. They really don't feel any need to be in a game. And I have to believe that after three games, EA realized that it didn't actually sell more copies.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #24
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I had no idea Augusta wasn't in until recently. I always thought the game followed the tour closely. For example, we can start playing the Masters, then go to the next big event, and the one after, and so on.

Apologies for speaking out about something I don't know that much about. I am surprised Augusta wasn't always in, seeing how this is their big weekend with The Masters.
Yea, it's why I don't buy any ea golf game, it doesn't follow any tour!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »