Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #25
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
He owns it, checked it out, and hates it. I'm in the same boat. It's ugly, it's presentation is horrid, and it is nowhere near as SIM as it is made out to be. Basically, it feels like people have given it far more breaks than they would an EA title.

I'm lookin forward to the next Golf game with the fun country clubs and online tourneys, including Play the Pros. I've found that if you are actually willing to play on the higher difficulties, with boosts and post-shot spin turned off, the Tiger Woods played as solid of a game as TGC.

And I'll take licensed courses over user created ones every time. It's easier to set up online tours and tourneys with everyone on the same page. I'll pay for the real courses over sifting through the user created courses in hopes of filling out a library of ugly courses.

I think TGC is going to be great long term, but I don't pay for potential. I'll wait for them to release a better version.
I agree gustavus...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National

I think the game will look and play pretty well but if you think EA will ever release a game with a course editor I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #27
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

So I guess we'll be back to the 'Southern Open' at Pinehurst...
Old 04-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
So I guess we'll be back to the 'Southern Open' at Pinehurst...
What most of you are unaware of, EVERYTHING to do with the PGA TOUR with any sort of brand name has a licensing fee associated with it. There is a licensing fee for using the name US Open, The Open, PGA Championship, and The Masters. The cost of many of these "names" and "brands" are extremely high so keep that in mind when comparing a licensed PGA TOUR Golf game with a non-licensed Golf game.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
He owns it, checked it out, and hates it. I'm in the same boat. It's ugly, it's presentation is horrid, and it is nowhere near as SIM as it is made out to be. Basically, it feels like people have given it far more breaks than they would an EA title.
Of course they have when it did/does so much better than an EA game that's been in the world for many years.
Not saying it's perfect but out of the gate it is an impressive game.

Anyways I'm sure I'll grab this game after some OS reviews come out and they are positive. EA golf hasn't earned any day one purchase thoughts.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Well, since I enjoyed the last several TW games, and I found TGC to be a major disappointment, I'll disagree.

It is interesting just how many TGC apologists post in the threads for this game. It's like clockwork. It kind of sucks, because one of the reasons I'm excited for RM is the TGC was such a disappointment. I'm kind of tires of hearing about it. You would think avoiding TGC threads would be enough.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #31
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
What most of you are unaware of, EVERYTHING to do with the PGA TOUR with any sort of brand name has a licensing fee associated with it. There is a licensing fee for using the name US Open, The Open, PGA Championship, and The Masters. The cost of many of these "names" and "brands" are extremely high so keep that in mind when comparing a licensed PGA TOUR Golf game with a non-licensed Golf game.
THIS! Tw 14 was actually the first game in the series with real life tournaments and majors. Golf is a completely different monster when it comes to licenses. Don't know why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #32
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm a TGC apologist, yet somehow I've managed to avoid posting in this thread On topic though, the lack of Augusta National in RM PGA Tour will have no bearing on whether I buy, or don't buy the game. I have EA Access on the XB1, so I'll get a good shot at the game early on. I'm sure there will be many top drawer courses included with the game.

What I'm concerned about it is: will there be an interface option that I find challenging and intuitive, will the gameplay faithfully deliver the physics of golf, and finally... will there be a presentation option that stays with the golfer for the first 75 to 80% of the shot, before switching to a reverse angle view, ala Perfect Golf on the PC? Tiger Woods 14's presentation options were the worst of the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »