Home

Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots

This is a discussion on Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
They are never going to be able to have every golf course they play on the pga tour, so you may be waiting a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #26
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
They are never going to be able to have every golf course they play on the pga tour, so you may be waiting a long time.

That's funny, you certainly could have every golf course played on the PGA Tour (and champions tour, web.com tour, Euro tour, women's tour etc.) in The Golf Club, all because allowing & encouraging user generated content.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
That's funny, you certainly could have every golf course played on the PGA Tour (and champions tour, web.com tour, Euro tour, women's tour etc.) in The Golf Club, all because allowing & encouraging user generated content.

But I don't want an ugly, soulless golf game. That goes double for user created courses of real courses.

I'm glad folks found a golf game they like. I don't know why they feel the need to post about them in threads for other games.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Exactly. It's almost as if big AAA developers and publishers want to close their eyes to this phenomenon and pretend it's not happening, particularly in the sports genre. This is the direction of gaming: More control to the users. It cannot and will not be stopped. It's a trend that is pervading and disrupting all aspects in our economy. They still want to hang on to the old (dying) model of high-cost barriers to entry via licensing etc. You see it with a lot of AAA publishers actually taking away editing options.

It's not going to work.

Victor Hugo — 'Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.'
Old 04-10-2015, 11:14 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
But I don't want an ugly, soulless golf game. That goes double for user created courses of real courses.

I'm glad folks found a golf game they like. I don't know why they feel the need to post about them in threads for other games.
That's funny. Personally, I've always found the big AAA licensed products to be far more soulless and lacking any sort of charm. Whereas games that foster user content and sharing have a thriving community and social aspect to them. They are filled with soul and charm.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #30
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpollack34
Exactly. It's almost as if big AAA developers and publishers want to close their eyes to this phenomenon and pretend it's not happening, particularly in the sports genre. This is the direction of gaming: More control to the users. It cannot and will not be stopped. It's a trend that is pervading and disrupting all aspects in our economy. They still want to hang on to the old (dying) model of high-cost barriers to entry via licensing etc. You see it with a lot of AAA publishers actually taking away editing options.

It's not going to work.

Victor Hugo — 'Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.'
Yes yes yes. If major devs like EA wouldn't hide behind the cloak of "licensed" teams/players/leagues/competitions/etc perhaps we'd still have College football & basketball games on the market today.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever that in the year 2015 we shouldn't have a bare bones game engine, with the tools/architecture in place to full customize all of the "licensed" aspects of a sports game. This goes across all sports. Golf lends really well to this design philosophy since it would be unrealistic to expect a dev to create the vast amounts of real life courses, but when you task the user base with this you end up with a truly marvelous product that has a bond with the community and isn't missing key elements because of licensing issues.

Konami's PES is the only "major" game that incorporates elements of user customizability via OPTION FILES, although it is lacking in depth. I'd rather see the money saved on paying for licensing and pour that into the core gameplay engines.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #31

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Guys,

This is a thread about EA's game. Leave the Golf Club talk out of it.

It's not a comparison thread and frankly you're just trolling at this point as it was brought up with the intention of showering it as the superior product.

There are many threads you can discuss TGC in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
As I said previously, obviously having user generated courses would change how many you courses you could play. But even with that, the developers are not going to design a game mode around courses that may or may not exist at some point in the future. These expectations about it shipping with every course on the pga tour are just ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »