Home

NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd

This is a discussion on NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 01:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
The price is right, but I need to hear less about seasonal updates and more about detailed bug fixes before committing.

Example: In NASCAR '14 I was racing against a friend and had to serve a pit penalty for an illegal pass. Three trips through the pit and none of them registered, so I ended up coming in 39th. Meanwhile, my friend was a lap behind, he decided to pull a 180° and head straight into the pack (he's like that). He came in 10th.
"he's like that"

LMFAO!!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 PM   #10
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I was afraid they'd do this. Release just a rehash of what was a garbage game for all intents and purposes with just a minor face lift and roster update. Major letdown for me. I was expecting a new and improved game, for the XB1/PS4 to be their first offering.

From a business point of view, I can understand this decision though. I just know that I won't be picking this up. Partially because of the mess N14 was, and partly because my xb360 has basically been retired from gaming now. It'll take some really strong positive reviews here to make me change my mind.

I like that theyre going to use the foundation Eutechnyx laid, but quite frankly that makes me very nervous at the same time.
I can't see this being much different than the NASCAR 14 or Inside Line -- just seems like those games with a few minor updates here and there. I wouldn't expect much change from a gameplay standpoint, especially at the price point. Nevertheless, at this price point, I might consider it. And don't be surprised to see it even lower few months after release.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:58 PM   #11
Rookie

Re: NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd

I can't believe I'm saying it but my favorite NASCAR game of late, on the 360 was NASCAR 09. No offline wasn't so great, but damage model was good, online stability was good. Loved the paint booth they had. Actually just played it again yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 02:04 AM   #12
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Loper
I can't believe I'm saying it but my favorite NASCAR game of late, on the 360 was NASCAR 09. No offline wasn't so great, but damage model was good, online stability was good. Loved the paint booth they had. Actually just played it again yesterday.
09 was fairly decent. I picked it up in probably 2012 or 13 since I just had an itch to race with the (formerly) Craftsman Trucks that the ETX games couldn't scratch.
The paint booth was boss. I think that I remember it being compatible with Adobe, etc and for sure that it was online. Of course that's all history now, but it was an awesome feature.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:45 AM   #13
Banned

It really sucks they won't have a PS4 version! But then again maybe that's not a bad thing,considering that the recent NASCAR games have been so bad! I'm assuming there is going to be a NASCAR game in the future for the PS4 and Xbox one. Hopefully the new developer will finally make a good game like the old EA sports days or papyrus days!
Old 04-13-2015, 02:55 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
I'm waiting for '16 when they do a complete overhaul of the game. Since Matt Dusenberry came from Papyrus I'm hoping he can resurrect the physics quality of Nascar Racing 2003 and meld it with the presentation of this game.
The Papyrus games we're good I have to say,the EA sports games we're decent to,but I have to say Eutechnyx kinda turned me off from the NASCAR video games,because of how terrible they we're. I was hoping maybe Sony Polyphony could get the rights and develop a NASCAR game! Grandteurismo has always been a awesome racing simulator! When they had NASCAR in the games the graphics were awesome and Daytona raceway looked beautiful and the cars looked beautiful!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #15
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

If I haven't already mentioned...I too loved the Papyrus games. They hooked me with the 1999 edition (not "3" but the title "1999 edition") way back then and of course I came back for 4 in 2001. I hate to admit it, but I never did get 2002 or 2003, long story short. I hear they improved on 4 a lot and that game was awesome to me so...

A Papyrus title that gets overlooked IMO was NASCAR Legends. It used NASCAR Racing 3's engine but things were tweaked to represent the aero wars of 1970. I was able to play a demo and I kick myself 16 years later for not buying that title since it's an expensive needle in a haystack now (although eBay and Amazon can help find said needle) ah, I can still remember seeing it on an end cap at Target back in 1999. Yeah, anyway...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Have they improved the replay system? My 6 yr old loves the game but wishes he could jump to various cars to see crashes, passes, etc like NR2003 and not stay locked on his car only
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »