Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Information Arrives Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Information Arrives Tomorrow within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 05:16 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
From what I heard back in the day, the whole reason of NOT releasing a PGA game when current gen first came out a couple years ago was to properly make sure it was good, and wasn't missing anything that they felt it should have. So hopefully this WONT be an issue.

That being said, do we have an ETA on when it'll be released?
True, but EA made similar promises in regards to the year wait for a next gen Hockey game & we all know how that turned out.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:37 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Information Arrives Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
From what I heard back in the day, the whole reason of NOT releasing a PGA game when current gen first came out a couple years ago was to properly make sure it was good, and wasn't missing anything that they felt it should have. So hopefully this WONT be an issue.
The compelling reason for the delay in releasing on NG consoles was the move from the nearly 10 year old Tiger engine to Frostbite 3. This was a move that HAD to be made due to all of the issues with the previous engine that restricted Tiburon's ability to add features to that engine without serious stability/performance issues. The RM Devs were seriously relieved to have a new engine to build on that is far more scalable than the old one.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #11
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

if the game was on the ignite engine id be worried. Not so much with frostbite. I don't think we'll have a stripped down game. Just wish information would be coming out faster!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
Its supposed to come out in June I think.
I know June for the game, but I was asking about today's info, lol.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The compelling reason for the delay in releasing on NG consoles was the move from the nearly 10 year old Tiger engine to Frostbite 3. This was a move that HAD to be made due to all of the issues with the previous engine that restricted Tiburon's ability to add features to that engine without serious stability/performance issues. The RM Devs were seriously relieved to have a new engine to build on that is far more scalable than the old one.
I absolutely agree. The old Tiger engine SUCKED. A LOT of things were very unrealistic (i.e. The ball stopped DEAD when hitting trees, balls get slowed by tree branches, not stopped dead). Among other things that were very wonky.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
True, but EA made similar promises in regards to the year wait for a next gen Hockey game & we all know how that turned out.

One big difference is that EA still made NHL 14 for the last Gen consoles. They didn't actually take the year to get an additional year of work on a brand new engine.

I can't say that RM Golf will be as full featured as we hope for sure, but its situation is quite different.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:14 AM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Awesome, can't wait to see some news on this. Been waiting a long time for information on this title.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7
Graphically, I'm a big fan of the Frostbite engine. I remember maybe 4 years ago thinking Tiger Woods might be a great fit with Frostbite. And here we are! The early pics are exactly what I was hoping to see. I will say that I am spoiled with the awesome course selection and creativity in The Golf Club. I will have trouble paying up for DLC courses now. Having to do that every year for the same courses was just screwing your fan base EA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »