Home

EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th

This is a discussion on EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer, Ships on July 14th

The first gameplay trailer for Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is here! In the trailer, we learn about the various gameplay styles as well as the enhanced ball physics and how the different types of courses are going to affect your shots in the game.

Also a big piece of news is that the game, while being listed with a June 2015 release for some time is actually going to end up being released in MId-July -- July 14, 2015 specifically.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer and Gameplay Blog

very impressive!!! That shot at the end with the caddie pulling out the flag wow!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
MVP

jbd345's Arena

A few thoughts after reading the blog, awesome that we can choose between arcade and simulation, as well as customizing each gameplay to how we like it. Tour mode looks awesome, basically what TGC is now. Not sure how I feel about this "mid air spin" as in the blog they made it sound like you can change direction of the ball mid flight. If that's the case I really hope there will be different tournament settings for each of the gameplay settings. Looks like we are not getting a watered down version after all. I'm still skeptical until the rest of the player roster and course list comes out but right now this is looking light years ahead of NHL.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

Did anyone else notice that they slipped in July 14th as the release date at the very end? It was originally supposed to be June. Oh well, the graphics look impressive to say the least.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

What's up with the grass textures, it looks like artificial turf in a lot of the video, the greens look especially odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Rookie

godylla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
A few thoughts after reading the blog, awesome that we can choose between arcade and simulation, as well as customizing each gameplay to how we like it. Tour mode looks awesome, basically what TGC is now. Not sure how I feel about this "mid air spin" as in the blog they made it sound like you can change direction of the ball mid flight. If that's the case I really hope there will be different tournament settings for each of the gameplay settings. Looks like we are not getting a watered down version after all. I'm still skeptical until the rest of the player roster and course list comes out but right now this is looking light years ahead of NHL.
I think the mid-air spin is just like in previous versions of the Tiger Woods series. Where tapping A/X in the air and holding the analog stick in a direction will give you backspin, top spin, or a favorable bounce left or right depending on which direction you are holding the analog.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
Did anyone else notice that they slipped in July 14th as the release date at the very end? It was originally supposed to be June. Oh well, the graphics look impressive to say the least.
Woah good catch. And unfortunately that is a Tuesday. Don't understand why they keep pushing this back.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Gameplay Features Trailer & Blog - Ships on July

Just what I figured. They dumbed down the game and looks like they're making it really easy. So much for tempo swings and no more ball marking with the left stick and total swing control. They took away that and the diagonal swing which was the best thing they had ever done for difficulty. When they reintroduce a 3 click swing, then you know they are making this game for the arcade crowd. Online is ruined as everybody will be shooting -20 on the hardest level with thier Hori controllers. From what it looked like in the menus, you can't even eliminate the MPH #'s for the wind.

The physics looked kind of weird. Everytime the ball hit the greens it was going pretty much straight. Actually looked more natural in TW14. The tree physics look much better though. The graphics were as expected, nicer but not nearly as good as you see in the first trailers. Didn't really blow me away.

Disappointing but expected. Since online will be useless, unless they wow me with a really good career mode then I'll be skipping this year's game and wait until whatever the next game is to get the diagonal swing back which I'm sure their holding back for future games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »