Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You won't find me forgetting TW14 whatsoever. However, I will give them a chance to redeem themselves with RM. At the end of the day, I will have both TGC and RM and would buy PP if they ever bring it to console. All three games have their strengths and weaknesses and we will know more about RM as soon as more details and some gameplay can be had by actual users.....

I just hate how they pull the wool over our eyes regarding major features gamers care about. They could tell us how the online components and offline components are set up. By now it has to be in stone with what features get included. They also know what courses are on disc and which ones are DLC. The longer you wait the harder it hurts your fans when they get let down. So why wait. If the time and effort put into your game design and features is ,then let us all know your up front instead of pumping us up, releasing the game, and then having to deal with a backlash of unsatisfied customers and consumer mistrust. I know it's business but this is why I don't forget about the times these developers screwed me. To get me to come back you have to wow me and then prove your committed. EA sports never prove they are committed. They just go out next years version of their title.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour to Feature Three Gameplay Styles, New Ball Physics

Nice to hear it's gonna have the 3 click swing mode.

I use to play PGA tours back on the Genesis, but jumped ship to Hot Shots when they started going with that analog swing stuff.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
I just hate how they pull the wool over our eyes regarding major features gamers care about. They could tell us how the online components and offline components are set up. By now it has to be in stone with what features get included. They also know what courses are on disc and which ones are DLC. The longer you wait the harder it hurts your fans when they get let down. So why wait. If the time and effort put into your game design and features is ,then let us all know your up front instead of pumping us up, releasing the game, and then having to deal with a backlash of unsatisfied customers and consumer mistrust. I know it's business but this is why I don't forget about the times these developers screwed me. To get me to come back you have to wow me and then prove your committed. EA sports never prove they are committed. They just go out next years version of their title.
Simple. Don't buy their games if that is the way you feel. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you purchase anything.....sorry you have so much mistrust and hate for EA, but then again, alot of people feel that way and I get it.....good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #20
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

My question is, weren't these features already in past iterations? Why is this being marketed as new?

Old 04-24-2015, 06:05 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
My question is, weren't these features already in past iterations? Why is this being marketed as new?
Are they? I think it's been two years since they had a game out, so they are just marketing what the game is.

The 3-click mode is called classic, not new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #22

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Which features are being marketed as new?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #23
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Do we know for a fact that the XB1 version will only be 900p?
No, not at all, I didn't mean to infer that, just commenting that it seems to go that way in a lot of releases.

I would prefer to have everything on ps4 because most multiplats are a little better than xbox one.

I also like EA Access, and wish Sony was a part of it. So Sony is losing a sale of PGA (and other EA titles) to my Xbox one because of EA Access. I hope the Xbox version is equal to the ps4 version, but we shall see.

I also like being able to have an external hard drive on the xbox, I have a 2tb installed in my ps4, but a 4 TB external on my xbox AND the 500 GB that came with the Xbox One.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #24
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Isn't this supposed to be marketing for new gameplay features? Or did I miss something?

Questionable marketing that after two years, the first article about your game is about features that have already been in many past iterations, sans the Ball Drop thing I guess.

Quote:
The new backswing meter lets you know when you’ve reached the end of your backswing, based on the shot you have set up. When you start your backswing, the meter will begin to fill. When you reach the end of your backswing, the meter will be full, and a forward swing should be initiated.
This was in TW13, just in different form. Labeled as new.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »