Home

The Golf Club Collector's Edition Arrives on PC, Consoles

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Collector's Edition Arrives on PC, Consoles within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 AM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Golf Club Collector's Edition Arrives on PC, Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Hi Kevin, no we're very much against improving your golfer through grind. We want a game where everyone's character is equal and their actual skill at the game differentiates them from others. Like real life golf.
For a golf game this is a perfect philosophy, and one of the reasons why this is one of my favorite sports games ever.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:14 AM   #10
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Hi Kevin, no we're very much against improving your golfer through grind. We want a game where everyone's character is equal and their actual skill at the game differentiates them from others. Like real life golf.
I love that philosophy! Don't ever change it. It makes this game so unique vs other more arcade-ish games like TW. Gets so boring and takes the user's skill more out of the equation.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 AM   #11
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Can't wait to fire my game back up now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7
I'm really considering purchasing this game but i'm not an online player...matter of fact i don't even have a PS4 subscription. the last game i played was links on xbox. How is this game for the single player experience? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #13
Rookie

codywar11's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
I'm really considering purchasing this game but i'm not an online player...matter of fact i don't even have a PS4 subscription. the last game i played was links on xbox. How is this game for the single player experience? Thanks.
You don't need a PSPlus subscription to play online in The Golf Club. It is asynchronous multiplayer. Meaning that its not really "online". Your friend takes a shot. His shot info is sent to the server. Then your game downloads the data and essentially shows you a replay of what happened. This sounds odd, but if I wouldn't have told you how it worked you would have no idea that it wasn't live multiplayer, other then the fact that if you are talking to the friend in which you are playing with, there will be about a 5 to 10 second delay between when he plays his shot and when you see it. The advantage to this of course, is that you don't need PSPlus : )
Old 04-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by codywar11
You don't need a PSPlus subscription to play online in The Golf Club. It is asynchronous multiplayer. Meaning that its not really "online". Your friend takes a shot. His shot info is sent to the server. Then your game downloads the data and essentially shows you a replay of what happened. This sounds odd, but if I wouldn't have told you how it worked you would have no idea that it wasn't live multiplayer, other then the fact that if you are talking to the friend in which you are playing with, there will be about a 5 to 10 second delay between when he plays his shot and when you see it. The advantage to this of course, is that you don't need PSPlus : )
awesome! thanks for the information.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #15
MVP

I just took the plunge and bought the ps4 disc version. I couldn't wait until july for golf. I hope I made the right choice. I love golf and am a sim player so I hope that the lack of PGA license doesn't matter because of spectacular gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
I just took the plunge and bought the ps4 disc version. I couldn't wait until july for golf. I hope I made the right choice. I love golf and am a sim player so I hope that the lack of PGA license doesn't matter because of spectacular gameplay.
You did make the right choice. This game is fantastic. Add in the community here and at tgctours.com and you might not ever need a PGA license!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »