Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype

This week’s episode features Cicero Holmes and Ryan Lewis joining host Rich Grisham to talk about a host of subjects. The three chat about how they approach their favorite sports games, whether or not the “real world” influences their attitude with the virtual equivalent, what their go-to franchise is, what they would like to get into if only there were more time, and much more. In addition, Ryan takes Cicero and Rich down the bizarre Joe Montana Football rabbit hole, offering up several theories on what that operation may actually be doing. It’s a fun episode that spans sports games in the present, the past, and the future.

Enjoy!

Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you. Do it one of these ways:
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom at https://audioboom.com/channel/press-row-podcast, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.

Run Time: 1 Hour, 32 Minutes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
The Joe Montana discussion was a waste of time. Why ask someone who isn't the least bit interested in an alternative football game unless it's licensed. Cicero Holmes dragged down the conversation and did not add anything to the podcast. Why if your a true fan of sports games would you bury a product based on license alone without first playing it and seeing if it has better gameplay then the competition. If there is a football game licensed or not I'm excited.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 05-01-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The Joe Montana discussion was a waste of time. Why ask someone who isn't the least bit interested in an alternative football game unless it's licensed. Cicero Holmes dragged down the conversation and did not add anything to the podcast. Why if your a true fan of sports games would you bury a product based on license alone without first playing it and seeing if it has better gameplay then the competition. If there is a football game licensed or not I'm excited.
This was a straight up lynching of Joe Montana Football; why even bother talking about if you are just going to mock our only chance of some kind of alternative? Do the madden people pay this site or do these OS people actually believe madden is a godsend? OS people should be happy that a Montana Dev posted the "anonymous post," because it could eventually lead to a historic moment on this site; maybe the biggest thing that has ever come across this site? I never thought the post was true but recently its become 80% truth; just waiting on the NFL conformation and release date? The game has been in production for 3 years and ya its a smaller team compared to madden and thats whats going to be so shocking; when madden looks like a ps1 game compared to JMF and JMF with just a fraction of the people building the game! Soon enough OS people will be back tracking and kissing butt when the game explodes onto the scene! Getta puckerin!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
Rookie

What's disappointing about Cicero's comments as it pertains to not having a licensed players is that he doesn't go on to bring up the point that if gamer's were able to Mod/Customize then the gaming community itself could provide that NFL player experience.

I would have liked to see the discussion expand a little more as it pertains to the NFL license and how the existing Microsoft NFL License does leave the door open to Microsoft if they did want to produce a game.

Other the Ryan, who gives us a ton of information towards, who may be part of the team, that the game does exists in some form at this point the others basically gave an opinion and nothing more.

I
Old 05-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadatMe
What's disappointing about Cicero's comments as it pertains to not having a licensed players is that he doesn't go on to bring up the point that if gamer's were able to Mod/Customize then the gaming community itself could provide that NFL player experience.

I would have liked to see the discussion expand a little more as it pertains to the NFL license and how the existing Microsoft NFL License does leave the door open to Microsoft if they did want to produce a game.

Other the Ryan, who gives us a ton of information towards, who may be part of the team, that the game does exists in some form at this point the others basically gave an opinion and nothing more.

I
According to this site: Ea is the only company that can make a NFL football game so you are wrong about that one sir...No offense but these people have sources that say otherwise!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #6
Banned

I do love these pod casts especially when they talk football!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
According to this site: Ea is the only company that can make a NFL football game so you are wrong about that one sir...No offense but these people have sources that say otherwise!
Microsoft has an NFL License for anything interactive on the XB1 Console. Last I knew a video game is interactive.. The NFLPA license (The Players) is another discussion.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
I could also make the argument that MS was in discussions with the NFL prior to or at the same time as EA was when the license expired last. To further expand on that. The NFL was in the midst of getting their butts handed to them in the American Needle case, EA was losing it's monopoly suit all at the same time so chances that the NFL in my opinion would renew EA to an exclusive while giving Microsoft a NFL license a the same time is slim to none in my opinion. I have sources too. It's called reading..

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »