Home

NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2015, 05:52 PM   #9
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th

cough cough fantasy draft cough cough
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 05-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
It won't be feature parity, that's for sure. We won't see NHL 94 mode and probably no Winter Classic but the core modes: HUT, Be a Pro, EASHL, Couch Co-Op, etc... are almost certain. A lot of their Game Changers have been tweeting bits and pieces about 16, so hints are already out there.
Couldnt care less about modes like NHL 94 actually, but since NHL15 was missing most core modes I expect they are in and hopefully improved. If I see something like HUT improvements on 19th I will rage! The amount of attention in NHL15 on that mode should be enough for years to come.... but seems next shouldnt be called HUT16 so that leaves a shimmer of hope.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaltybox4ever
Couldnt care less about modes like NHL 94 actually, but since NHL15 was missing most core modes I expect they are in and hopefully improved. If I see something like HUT improvements on 19th I will rage! The amount of attention in NHL15 on that mode should be enough for years to come.... but seems next shouldnt be called HUT16 so that leaves a shimmer of hope.
HUT isn't going away, the numbers are there at most NHL players play that mode, it was the case even on 360/PS3. I doubt everyone is going to be happy on the 19th but I am hopeful we get the core modes that were lacking in year one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Are features the same as modes ? Lol... Hmmm. I'm thinking we are going to hear things like new and improved physics. New super duper deking, and for the first time ever in a hockey game the spin-o-rama move that kind of stuff.

Last edited by TDKing; 05-15-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
HUT isn't going away, the numbers are there at most NHL players play that mode, it was the case even on 360/PS3. I doubt everyone is going to be happy on the 19th but I am hopeful we get the core modes that were lacking in year one.
No understand that, but hope they havent put too much manpower on HUT this year, that is all I mean :-)
Hoping they focused on getting the missing modes back even if HUT s their cashcow.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Are features the same as modes ? Lol... Hmmm. I'm thinking we are going to hear things like new and improved physics. New super duper deking, and for the first time ever in a hockey game the spin-o-rama move that kind of stuff.
No, features are not same as modes but I hope NHL16 will feature more modes than NHL15. But yeah also guessing the features they present will be super dekes that you dont even have to perform, just press Iwin button and player will deke from behind own net all the way to opposing net, fool the goalie into the hotdog stand and backhand the puck in left upper corner of the net, easy as pie!
They have also included a "sim to next offense" button and excluded the possibility to play as defense because who the f××k wanna play defense!??
And also some physics that no one know wtf it does but they have involved all of NASA researchers, expecting to be the first game to win the Nobelprize... That will sell games for sure!
Maybe your random average winger will figureskate in such speed and lack of momentum that the particleaccelerator in Cern will look like a little children's carousel breaking all laws of physics and uncover the Higgs Boson! The possibilities are endless of what they can do!

As I said hoping atleast for some news about modes but hopes are not high...

Last edited by Penaltybox4ever; 05-15-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: adding nonsense
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #15
Rookie

I WANT BIG CHANGES FOR GM MODE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penaltybox4ever
No understand that, but hope they havent put too much manpower on HUT this year, that is all I mean :-)
Hoping they focused on getting the missing modes back even if HUT s their cashcow.
I don't think they ever have devoted much of their resources to HUT, it's a pretty striped down mode without much depth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »