Home

Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)

This is a discussion on Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)

After 5 years of delays and testing, Project Cars, the latest racing title from the minds of those at Slighty Mad Studios and Bandai Namco, is finally here. When you make the statement "the most authentic, beautiful, intense and technically-advanced racing game on the planet," you had better come prepared to either back that up, or be ready to deal with the inevitable crucification that is surely to follow.

Read More - Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)
Platform: PC / Wii U / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Guess it's time to get my first racing game
Old 05-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cant agree with a lot of things in this review. The A.I. is pretty dumb a lot of the time and the game is not "stunning". It has severe "ghosting" and gets very blurry every time you take a turn.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
If I'm more of an arcadey don't like to brake at every turn kind of guy, im guessing even at lower difficulties this isn't a good game for me is it? My favourite ever was midnight club LA...
Old 05-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
If I'm more of an arcadey don't like to brake at every turn kind of guy, im guessing even at lower difficulties this isn't a good game for me is it? My favourite ever was midnight club LA...
I would say go for Driveclub if you're on PS4. I consider myself in the same fan category of racing games as you put yourself in, and I must say that I am very impressed and haven't been able to put my controller down since I made the purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)

Anyone have any tips for the Karts? It seems the the A.I. can turn on a dime, but it's a struggle for me to get around corners.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Anyone have any tips for the Karts? It seems the the A.I. can turn on a dime, but it's a struggle for me to get around corners.
It's a relatively simple tip, but you're going to be able to turn much sharply when accelerating from a slow initial speed. So for corners you know you aren't going to be able to make just by letting off the gas, brake deep in the corner, cut the wheel and roll back onto the gas.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 33
The one thing I fînd hard to comprehend in this review is the positíve points in regards to the AI. AI is good In that it doesn't stick to a predefined racing line but on the other hand it seems to have no awareness of your car. Therefore if you position your car at point at which the AI car expects to be it will have no reservation of driving straight into you.
The lack of cars cannot be underestimated. If you were expecting the plethora of cars that Forza & Gran Turismo bring then you will be sorely disappointed.
Yes Project Cars is a solid Sim based racer but it isn't the dream racing game some would have you believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »