Home

Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)

This is a discussion on Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #9
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
I played it on pc at a friend's house, and i would like to know if one feature in particular is available on console versions.

The game (on PC) has a config. menu that allows for some decent gameplay tuning, ranging from analog deadzone and sensivity to how responsive the brakes are and how sensitive the gas pedal is.

Can someone tell me if these options are available on consoles? I plan on buying this game as soon as i get my PS4, but i fear that without the ability to customize the gameplay, i will end with the same results i have with GT6 (which are not ideal for me).
Old 05-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #10
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Yes you can adjust the all of the options like deadzones and sensitivity.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #11
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

Re: Project CARS Review (Xbox One/Playstation 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Yes you can adjust the all of the options like deadzones and sensitivity.
Thanks man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #12
MVP

got this on pc and love it.....@oakvin ....A.I is pretty solid on 60% and above but 80% is the sweetspot....
Old 05-17-2015, 05:04 PM   #13
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
One more thing worth mentioning, this is a simulation racing game. You can't just get in and gas/break mash or drift around. You have to learn how feather the gas/break inputs, while taking care of your tires, and avoiding contact with other cars and surroundings.

Quick tips:
1. Find a controller setting that works well for you. See controller setting post in the racing section. Trust us, the default is junky and will frustrate you quickly.

2. Keep most driving aids on and gradually remove them as you get comfortable. However, don't use the acceleration and brake aids, this will only serve to build bad habits. And for crying out loud, use the automatic gearing.

3. Learn each track by watching the A.I. turn laps while keeping the telemetry visual
aid on. Focus on the entry braking and corner exit acceleration points.

4. Try the different camera views and stick with one. Constantly changing the cameras will make you inconsistent and it will definitely show in your lap times.

5. Focus on being consistent vs. fast (hot lapping)... This may not sound like a good idea but if you drive the car on the edge you will most likely bake your tires, make costly mistakes which will nullify any gains you made have made while hot lapping.

6. Learn the passing sections for each track. This is huge especially when racing online. (This will make sense the first time you get stuck behind someone slower.)

7. The driving line is your best friend but only use it for a lap or two. Instead, use the track landmarks to help you identify braking and acceleration marks.

8. Rumble strips - some are forgiving and some are extremely dangerous. Test the limits of each in your practice sessions.

Most importantly... Don't expect to be fast right away... I use a 50 lap rule for each track... Turn 50 laps (minimum) of practice without going off track and work from there.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #14
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

I really can't figure out what people love about the AI. Yes, they don't stick to the driving line so it creates some excitement, but thats quickly taken away by their willingness to plow you off the road. Not bump, but full speed hit you off the road. Not a great experience.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #15
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
This is truly an amazing game. A must buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Simple question that I didn't see mentioned in the review and it's a must if I'm going to buy, does it support local multiplayer or online only?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »