Home

NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

EA Sports is doing something new this year, with an Ask NHL feature on their website complete with short videos answering fan questions about the game.

In the first set of videos (three total), the team answers questions on in-game customization, action tracker and single player game modes. The video above is a compilation of the first three videos and runs just shy of two minutes.

The NHL 16 Ask EA page is already filled with quite a few answers on questions they have received. Below are just a few, read more here.

Will we see GM Connected again? If not, will we see a smaller scale of online dynasty type mode?

GM Connected was a highly requested feature that unfortunately failed in many ways. When we look a the data, only a very small number of leagues had more than 2 players per league and though the mode supported up to 25 years, very few leagues made it past the 20 game mark of season 1. We understand that that there were some issues with the overall speed of the mode. Moving forward we want to work with our fans to better understand their needs and expectations on what a great online dynasty for the new generation of consoles should deliver and where we fell short on GM Connected similar to the approach we took in bringing EASHL to NHL 16.

Are mascots in the game this year?

Yes. All of the NHL teams that have official mascots will have them in NHL 16.

Why did you change the EASHL attribute system?

In NHL 16 we have changed the EASHL attribute system based on research and fan feedback. What we learned through that research and fan feedback is that there were three things that were critical for the new EASHL: 1. Created characters so you could play as yourself 2. Even playing field so skill (individual and team) is the determining factor in the outcome of games 3. Customization of characters so each player can look unique.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 31
Good starts on modes we had returning and a few tweaks to existing....i.e. offline HUT seasons.

NHL 16 is looking to be what NHL 15 should have been.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sounds great.

Makes sense about GMconnected. These guys have the statistics. Even though it might sound like GMconnected was heavily used by OS users, in the total game population it was a very small minority. Not worth the resources. That said- they areas they used these resources on need to be better.

EASHL is sounding great. I prefer an even playing field between users and have teamplay and user ability matter. Not that guy who cheeses for a couple hundred games having the better attributes. They just need to have a few different play types to give guys the options to have their players play to their preference. I'm interested to know more about what they are going to do with that.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Re: NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

I just want to know if Edit Player has been added back into NHL 16. I asked the question on the Ask EA page so I'm hoping they answer it honestly on there.
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Video - Customization, Action Tracker, Single Player Game Modes and More

Looks like the only omission is edit player. You can only edit created players, if those menus are any indication..
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

I was hoping Be A GM would become a mode where we could control multiple teams (so we could play the mode with a friend controlling another team) but I digress.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 05-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
I just want to know if Edit Player has been added back into NHL 16. I asked the question on the Ask EA page so I'm hoping they answer it honestly on there.
From what the gamechangers are saying it wasn't in the build they were playing. But it was an Alpha version so it could make it back in the game.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #8
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

Franchise mode needed improvements anyways. Sounds like they spent a good deal of time on it. But it's new and doesn't need the complications of GM Connected. So I think the plan is update Franchise for NHL16, see what works and doesn't work, and then (hopefully) bring back new and improved GM Connected in NHL17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »