Home

NHL Legacy Edition Coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

This is a discussion on NHL Legacy Edition Coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
I have no problem with them doing this, or even charging $60 for it if they decide to since they're being up front about what it is.

Would I pay $60 for it? Hell no, but as long as they're telling people what it is so that they can make an educated decision about whether, or not they want to buy it, I'm fine with it.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #10
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Guess I really shouldn't be surprised those of us still on the PS3/X360 aren't getting a whole new game. The only reason I'd been planning to get 16 was due to the major division realignment in the AHL anyway. Still waiting for them to add the ECHL.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL Legacy Edition Coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

My hope is that NHL 16 ps4 version has preseason games/take over team pre draft. But if it doesn't I would buy ps3 version for $30 or less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 01:28 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
Very strange. So NHL 15 + updated rosters + anniversary mode + GM Connected (wasn't in 15, right?)?

Legacy Edition - marketing speak for "Listen guys you thought NHL15 was a roster update, well you ain't seen nothing yet. We REALLY mailed it in this year."

No way it's full price, right? $40 game?

Regardless as a XB1 owner, I'm glad to see they did this so more resources could be used on NHL 16.
You honestly believe in that they are going to take any money saved and put it towards making NHL 16 the best hockey game they can? I may be underestimating, but I'm pretty sure that a group of execs are gonna divide the savings and ball out with that cash before they put it into a product on a niche market in which they are the only ones making a game.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:43 AM   #13
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Just went to gamestop.com and it has NHL Legacy Edition listed for $59.99, though dunno if that's official or just a standard placeholder (meaning they're just listing the standard price for PS3/X360 games as the selling price) since we don't even have a release date yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=1...Legacy+Edition

Last edited by BurghFan; 05-20-2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:57 AM   #14
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
You honestly believe in that they are going to take any money saved and put it towards making NHL 16 the best hockey game they can? I may be underestimating, but I'm pretty sure that a group of execs are gonna divide the savings and ball out with that cash before they put it into a product on a niche market in which they are the only ones making a game.
The NHL dev team has traditionally been one of the smaller ones working on one of the annual sports releases. I don't think its a matter of money per se. More like, we have 100ish people working on this game and 95% of that team's focus is going to be the current gen version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2015, 12:16 AM   #15
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

I would pay 40 for it, nothing more. For me it would be ok, since i don't play a hockey game since Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey on the N64.

But 60 would be offensive...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #16
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

I would consider it for no more than $30 with possibly $40 at a max. I enjoy EA's games and I appreciate the honesty they have marketed this as. Being a person who cannot afford an xbox 1, I still appreciate the game although it's a rehash.

Who knows, since its a rehash, who knows what we may be able to do cross-titles. We will all have to wait and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »