Home

NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Day #3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

After answering some questions on Tuesday and Wednesday, the NHL 16 team continued to answer questions again today.

The Q&A is copied and pasted below for easier reading.

Will you be able to edit players in GM Mode? After trades, goalies sometimes have terrible colour schemes for their equipment. Not to mention masks from other teams. Also when will we be able to resign players before the resign phase? I found that was the only unrealistic part of the game trading/signing wise. Thanks.

You will not have the ability to edit players in GM mode. We prioritized bringing back features like AHL Integration, Fantasy Draft and Sim Intervention back to Be A GM over this. This is something we will continue to look at. As for the resign phase Be A GM does not have contract extensions and contract signing/negotiations during the season at this moment. Our version of this is the resign phase in free agency which is a week before the July 1st free agency period that allows you to renegotiate with your own players before open free agency.

Will the custom camera modes return in NHL 16? (custom 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5)

Custom cameras are currently lower on our priority list. At the moment, we're working on a new camera for Be A Pro, OTP and EASHL.

Why aren't there authentic coaches in the NHL series, and why isn't there an option to hire/fire coaches in be a gm mode?

Authentic coaches are definitely something that we're looking at moving forward. The main reason that they're not currently in the game is due to licensing. Hire/Fire coaches is a feature that we will continue to investigate.

Will we see defensive skill stick in NHL 16?

We will not be adding a new defensive skill stick in NHL 16 but what we are doing is ensuring that all defensive mechanics are tuned and balanced so that it's fun to play every position on the ice. For example, Precision Skating will help you on the defensive side of the puck giving you the ability to close passing and shooting lanes more effectively.

Will you FINALLY have the correct goal horns for ALL teams? For the longest time, EA has used Detroit's goal horn for Dallas' goal horn.

We are doing our best this year to get the moments around goals for each team as authentic as possible. A big focus has gone into that area and we have definitely paid close attention to the fan sites dedicated to teams unique goal moment presentation.

Will there ever be the introduction of a skills competition into the NHL series? Years ago the '2K' series had it and I found it was an exciting offline mode, that foreseeably would be able to incorporate online modes also.

We will never say ‘no’ to great feature ideas. We are always looking to add fun modes and features that are authentic to the NHL experience. We focused this year on the modes and features that were the most requested by the community with a prime focus on ensuring there was a way for everyone to play and will continue to do so.

Does the new EASHL still allow us to put XP into our players stats?

That's a good question! In developing the new EASHL, we conducted a ton of research and really engaged with the fans. The feedback we got was that gameplay balance and a level playing field are of high importance. Because the previous EASHL allowed users to grow their pro characters' attributes by investing time or money, EASHL players who started playing after launch or who didn't purchase the boosts were often at a disadvantage. While we know it's fun to boost your pro, it takes away from the goal of making EASHL the best way to compete as a team. With the new balanced player class system, EASHL players of all levels can play and succeed based on their skill on the sticks.

In EASHL will you be able to create and name your own teams so you can invite your friends? Also will you be able to customize your skaters attributes or will it be pre-set classes? Will there be leaderboards for the teams & skaters? I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer my questions.

Hi Lyle, thanks for your questions. EASHL is a team-based game mode where you can create/customize your own club and compete alongside your friends. New to EASHL in NHL 16 is the player class system where players can select from a set of carefully balanced skater and goalie classes. This is tuned in a way so that the strengths/weaknesses of each class are authentic to hockey. It's up to you and your team on what combination of classes best suits your play style. As far as leaderboards go, there will be club and player stats available.

With couch coop online on Xbox one, will we be able to have multiple people per couch?

Hi Dallas. With online couch co-op (on both Xbox One and PS4), you and three other friends can play cooperatively in a head to head online match.

I just want plain old, regular Season Mode. Beginning to end, including playoffs and the cup. Please don't skimp on the basics that built this franchise!

Season Mode with playoffs is in the game and you will be able to play in any of the 10 leagues in NHL 16.

Are the EASHL playoffs going to be monthly again?

The playoff feature as part of Online Seasons will be the same as the previous EASHL. We're listening to our fans to determine what the right cadence of playoffs is.

Is there going to be a shootout mode in NHL 16?

Shootout mode is not in NHL 16, but it's something we're continuing to look into.

In be a GM, Will there be "expectations" like in NHL 14 where the owner told you have win this many games or make it to this round of playoffs. NHL 15 lack emotion in Be a GM.

Be A GM will not have expectations like NHL 14 but to bring out the emotion of being a real General Manager we will have the new Player Morale feature which will bring out the player interaction a real GM has to deal with in his dressing room.

Can you play in the european leagues in Be a Pro?

You will not be able to play in the European leagues in Be A Pro.

In BeAGM mode, will I be able to see my AHL/CHL players statistics?

We will have AHL integration in Be A GM. So you will be able to have statistics for your AHL players as well as be able to play games with your AHL team. We do not have statistics for CHL players in Be A GM.

Hello, I would like to ask why you can not play in GM mode for two teams at once. Thus, to be able to two players on two drivers play one season for the two teams. This feature should be the basis for a game console that is designed for multiple players in the home. The option will be in NHL16? Thank you

We will have Season Mode in NHL 16 that will allow multiple users to play together thru one season as two separate teams.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-21-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

Man, there were a lot of "No's" in today's Q&A. And these were the hand-picked questions. I guess they're running out of the soft ball questions.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Ugh...out the half million submitted questions about player edit they had to choose that one. It asks specifically about GM mode and they answer by saying you will not be able to Edit Players in GM mode and then go on to list the things in GM mode they thought were more important...great but what about the rest of the game. Now we can all conclude this means edit player is out all together but why not answer by saying Edit Player will not be included in this years game period. I had to sound cynical but I feel like they are leaving this basic simple addition out for one reason only...if NHL 16 is a success they can repackage it next year with a roster update and player edit as a new feature...boom NHL 17.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

EASHL should have base player classes and PERKS. Maybe 10-15 "specialties" to choose from and you get say 2 to choose from and customize your play style. Perks like speedster, sniper, clutch, big hitter, dangler, etc. If these perks were capped at a +3 or +5 rating and you could only have 2 of them and they were available to everyone from the start, things wouldn't be so OP. Also perks should show up on match up screen so you know exactly what you're up against.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Ugh...out the half million submitted questions about player edit they had to choose that one. It asks specifically about GM mode and they answer by saying you will not be able to Edit Players in GM mode and then go on to list the things in GM mode they thought were more important...great but what about the rest of the game. Now we can all conclude this means edit player is out all together but why not answer by saying Edit Player will not be included in this years game period. I had to sound cynical but I feel like they are leaving this basic simple addition out for one reason only...if NHL 16 is a success they can repackage it next year with a roster update and player edit as a new feature...boom NHL 17.
I guarantee edit player isn't in. They always dodge that question. I bet more people want edit player in than fantasy draft in be a gm mode It's 2015 and edit player not in? Sorry, but that's pathetic as can be. They can add it in an update, but guarantee they won't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Samz555's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny

I just can't believe it's not gonna be in there... IMO the basics are supposed to number 1 in priorities and edit player is the basics!! I mostly play BGM but i understand they place i priority in modes like HUT because it makes money and that's a good thing because its a bigger budget after but OMG edit player is just the best feature for me so im seriously considering not buying and it's a shame cuz i don't mind shelling out the 60$. Just not worth it right now....
Old 05-21-2015, 10:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Wow. Knew I shouldn't have expected much from this team. Why not just give the consumers what we want? Or at least make an attempt to try to...
Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Something so basic and so important as edit a player is in every sports title these days yet here we are in 2015 and we're left with "We'll look into it." and "We were busy with the AHL integration." Really? I know the staff is much smaller compared to other AAA games like FIFA or Madden but we're not asking for the moon here. Long hours and hard work went to playoff beards and crazy neon skates for my be the pro player but there just wasn't enough time to program an interface to adjust ratings of a player or fix goalie masks???? It just doesn't add up.

I can only hope a new NHLView editor can save the day and allow us to make the adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »