Home

NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Day #3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #9
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

After answering some questions on Tuesday and Wednesday, the NHL 16 team continued to answer questions again today.

The Q&A is copied and pasted below for easier reading.

Will you be able to edit players in GM Mode? After trades, goalies sometimes have terrible colour schemes for their equipment. Not to mention masks from other teams. Also when will we be able to resign players before the resign phase? I found that was the only unrealistic part of the game trading/signing wise. Thanks.

You will not have the ability to edit players in GM mode. We prioritized bringing back features like AHL Integration, Fantasy Draft and Sim Intervention back to Be A GM over this. This is something we will continue to look at. As for the resign phase Be A GM does not have contract extensions and contract signing/negotiations during the season at this moment. Our version of this is the resign phase in free agency which is a week before the July 1st free agency period that allows you to renegotiate with your own players before open free agency.
EPIC FAIL!!!!!!! This only means that they do not care really for their consumers. I hate the attitude, "well, we are the only company that produces NHL, so either you buy it or not".

AHL integration, since you removed it in NHL 15 and now you say its in and you prioritized it? And how about resign phase, why is it real NHL, they can do it. I thought that your slogan is "if its in the game its in the game"?

There's only one hope and its not looking bright...heck...its not even funny: EA's roster is accurate and will see player separation and team differentiation.

IF NOT, I JUST HOPE ANOTHER COMPANY WILL COME AND BLAST EA! I guess Im saving my $60 again for this year...yoohhoooo!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 01:56 AM   #10
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0

This news for the game came out way too early. I just got into NHL 15 a couple months ago. Maybe because I got my PS4 late, but still the news comes out early.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:27 AM   #11
Rookie

I don't know about you guys, so are there really that many more people that play EASHL than play GM Connected?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 03:09 AM   #12
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg3751
I don't know about you guys, so are there really that many more people that play EASHL than play GM Connected?
Definitely.

EASHL has been a huge part of the NHL series since it's inception in NHL 09. It was the only mode I played and I became devastated when I learned it wasn't in NHL 15.

GM Connected was poorly executed thus played very little. Slow menus and hard to navigate menus, small playerbase, little to no options for league/ season rules, unable to use custom tuners, etc.

I'd rather them focus their attention elsewhere than on a mode that lets say for the sake of an example, 5% of the community uses. EA NHL goes HUT>EASHL>Versus>Be a Pro>GM Mode>Everything else.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:13 AM   #13
Rookie

Im just wondering will players finaly hug after goals? Like ovi jumps into the boards then his team mates rush in and they all celebrate.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:43 AM   #14
Rookie

N2J NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Will we see defensive skill stick in NHL 16?

We will not be adding a new defensive skill stick in NHL 16 but what we are doing is ensuring that all defensive mechanics are tuned and balanced so that it's fun to play every position on the ice. For example, Precision Skating will help you on the defensive side of the puck giving you the ability to close passing and shooting lanes more effectively.
Great, I can't wait to see the 9 year old poke check animation!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:13 AM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

My fave sports game is NBA2K. I was playing that since 2004 and NBA Live since 1997. I honestly can't remember the year that I couldnt play a GM/season mode without edited rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 05:44 AM   #16
Rookie

The funny thing is, stuff that EA is mentioning as 'special' aka real coaches and stuff, is normal stuff for franchises like NBA2K and The Show. The more I read about EA developed games, the more respect I get for Sony San Diego and 2K. All the little details make The Show so amazing. And they don't even lick their own a**es for it. They just do it. EA on the other hand..Don't even get me started. The only thing - imho - thats really worth while out of EA's camp is the FIFA franchise. It seems to me most resources are in Vancouver and FIFA really has a lot of stuff to like. All the different boots, balls, celebrations, jerseys, ball boys, in-between replays. They understand what makes soccer, soccer. But Madden, NHL, NBA...smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »