Home

25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on 25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Game Informer has posted 25 things to know about Madden NFL 16's Franchise Mode. Quite a few of them were not included in the official blog released earlier today. Below are a few items of interest, click here to read them all.
  • Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
  • Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
  • Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
  • Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Below are a few of them, click here to read them all.
  • Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
  • Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
  • Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
  • Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.
Glad everything is streamlined but I don't see any major improvements to the game mode itself besides adding the scouting combine. Hopefully gameplay improvements are heavy this year
Old 05-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
You can now access a free practice mode from the game plan screen, and it does not cost you hours.

whoooooo... FINALLY!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #4
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
I really hope this does not mean that we still won't be able to see free agents attributes before signing them.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #5
Rookie

WOW THE MADE OFF-SEASON FUN THIS YEAR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 03:47 PM   #6
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Bit annoyed about no changes to FA. Like the Draft changes ect but the gameplay needs a big improvement if there are not that many new actual additions.

Score board is the same, I want this to change each release to keep things fresh. They seem to have made 'goals' their main priority over everything else when that shouldn't be the case.

I wonder how hard it will be to unlock the "true draft value" since it pretty much helps you discover if a player is a gem or over hyped.

Last edited by TheSaints7; 05-28-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

I love having the combine numbers available again, but I'm not on board with the new scouting system. I don't necessarily care what a prospects top 3 attributes are, I care what specific attributes are ie for a DE I care about his rushing skills, block shed, power and finesse moves. If one of his top 3 skills is hit power thats great, but its not what I'm looking for to differentiate between prospects at the same position, especially if different prospects at the same position show different skills.

Lots of improvements and small tweaks that will be nice to have in CFM though. One thing not mentioned that I hope makes it in is formation subs.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #8
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I really hope this does not mean that we still won't be able to see free agents attributes before signing them.
In the blog post they mentioned that the Player Card will display all of a player's attributes when you open it up, so it shouldn't be a problem assuming you can access the player card directly from the free agency screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »