Home

Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

This is a discussion on Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

EA Sports has just posted Tour Pro Mode details for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. The first thing you need to do is select a bio, which creates a little back story about your created player. Below is the list of bios with descriptions of each.
  • Prodigy - Introduced to golf at the age of two, you showed very early promise in the sport, becoming known as a prodigy in the golf community. You are considered the most exciting young prospect in golf, and your sights are set on earning your tour card in 2015.
  • Collegiate - You've recently graduated college where you were a standout performer and led your team to a national championship. Satisfied with your accomplishments at the amateur level, your focus has shifted to earning your tour card for 2015.
  • Instructor - You dedicated your life to teaching the game of golf, becoming a PGA Professional 5 years ago. You've always competed in the local PGA competitions, but now your competitive itch has you wanting to really give it a shot at earning your tour card in 2015.
After that, you can customize your player appearance and set your sill attributes.

Below are some of the Tour Pro Mode details in Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, click here to read the entire blog.

START YOUR CAREER
Tour Pro Mode begins in the last tournament on the Web.com Tour. Place high enough at TPC Sawgrass to graduate to the PGA TOUR and embark on a 15-year career

New this year is a feature called Quick Rounds, which allows players to complete a four-round tournament in the same amount of time as one 18-hole round.

Players can progress deeper in Career Mode in half the time, without compromising Skill Level or XP.

EARNING XP
Players earn XP throughout Tour Pro Mode, which increases golfer level and unlocks various gear, equipment, attribute upgrades and attribute bonuses.

Earn XP by finishing holes, making birdies, hitting shots using draw/fade, hitting greens and fairways in regulation, close approaches, etc.

ATTRIBUTE BONUSES
Attribute Bonuses are a new way to set your golfer’s strengths and weaknesses. Players select one Attribute Bonus (Balanced, Power, Precision, Finesse) and have the ability to unlock space for up to three more. With everything unlocked, there are thousands of combinations to choose from.

Skills can be set up to match a play style, or edited to give players the best chance on a particular course.

Distance bonuses may come in handy on a long, wide-open course, while accuracy and shot-shaping abilities will be beneficial on a tighter, more technical track.

CAREER PROGRESS
Shows current standings or skill level, and what unlockables are available at the next level.

TOUR PRO HUB
Once you’re finished here, you are taken to the Tour Pro hub, which is the hub for all things Tour Pro Mode.

Players can set up equipment, change outfits, edit skills and more.

Here’s a look at all the things possible in the Tour Pro Hub:

UPCOMING EVENTS
See what’s coming up next and head out to the course.

EQUIPMENT
Easily find and equip newly unlocked equipment, or optimize everything with the press of a button.

IN THE BAG
Fully customize your clubs and bag. Players now have a completely mixed bag of goodies, and are not restricted by club types. Want three drivers in the bag? Go for it. Fully customize your club head, shaft and grip.

OUTFITS
For the first time, players can set up different outfits to automatically rotate each round – Thursday through Sunday.

APPAREL
The most apparel ever, featuring more than 600 options to choose from.

ROUND TYPES
Choose from a traditional 18-hole experience, or focus on the most important holes with the all-new Quick Rounds feature.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Highlights accomplishments throughout the mode, ranging from simply finishing tournaments to setting records and signing with sponsors.

Create a legacy in PGA TOUR Pro, and see what Golf Your Way is all about.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tour Pro Mode Details Revealed For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

I like what I see. And that chip shot in the third video was gorgeous. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the -27 though....

Another observation, in that chip clip I mentioned above are those divots in the fairway? If so that is really impressive.

Last edited by jbd345; 05-28-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

I wasn't going to buy this but I might have just been sold. The clips are short but I'm interested!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm buying the game regardless because I love golf but it just reminds me so much of the old TW games for some reason. The graphics and swing mechanics are a little off for me. Maybe I'm setting the bar too high for this game and it will be one of those things where the first release of a game on the next ten consoles will be sub par. No pun lol. Hope thats not the case, don't get me wrong the game looks great I think I'm just nit picking now. Glad to see some features coming out can't wait for the rest of the courses.

On a side note...Jonas Blixt??? lol come on
Old 05-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Impressive looking game for sure, but I'm still waiting on a non-follow-cam gameplay video by which to judge it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I know it's not a big deal to most people, but I appreciate having a lot of clothing options.

About to go check out these videos.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
There should be a multi-player career mode where you and up to at least 3 friends can compete for the Fed Ex Cup.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I like the sunlight reflection off the shaft.

The bark on the trees looked nice as well.

Looks like the hills and and undulations on the green are quite noticeable as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »