Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 01:10 AM   #17
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

I actually liked a lot of what I heard in the podcast, like free practice mode, but it's what I didn't hear that's leaving me a little empty. No training camp/position battles, no restricted free agency, option years on contracts, assistant coaches... any word on practice squad?
Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 AM   #18
Banned

Markdoe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I actually liked a lot of what I heard in the podcast, like free practice mode, but it's what I didn't hear that's leaving me a little empty. No training camp/position battles, no restricted free agency, option years on contracts, assistant coaches... any word on practice squad?
There'll be no word on it till it's released..maybe minor stuff and lies that never work out properly. You know like penalties, or unrealistic player ratings that don't reflect on field results. Who knows maybe a couple more disappearing players during connected whatever. Perhaps Bo Jackson comes out of retirement for the Los Angeles Rams with a hip that can do stiff arms.. Then silence. Around January it'll be like Madden 16 never existed. Then boom... Madden 17. A whole new bunch of malarkey that'll be spewed. Usually recycled things. And we will then forget this conversation ever happened, mark my words. Like clockwork.

Last edited by Markdoe; 05-30-2015 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:42 AM   #19
Rookie

I believe there's a gameinformer article floating around saying a lot of that stuff hasn't been changed. I hope trade logic is fixed if absolutely nothing else, the way it works (or doesn't work) now makes franchises that last longer than 3 years untenable.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I am thinking that adjustments behind the scenes, that haven't been revealed as of yet, such as game play and mechanics behind creating the randomized draft classes may solve a bunch of issues.

I am waiting for E3 for the bulk of details on the game; and since I have already pre-ordered the game, I am confident that this iteration will be better than M15, overall..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 05-30-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #21
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
So I get that there's obvious disappointment with the lack of any real meaty bones tossed to the hardcore Madden CFM user this year. I do. Being perfectly clear, I'm disappointed about that fact as well. There were things I wanted to see that apparently won't be in Madden NFL 16.

However, I think we should be careful about conflating "accessibility improvements" with "Madden doesn't care about the hardcore user at all whatsoever anymore". A fair number of things that have been added to the mode this year - most notably the new user interface (which was desperately needed IMO), but also the reimagined scouting workflow, additional options for online league management, and asserted adjustments to the balance of Confidence (and say what you will about dynamic goals, I'm not going to count it here for sake of argument) - are things that anyone can enjoy, hardcore gamer or casual player.

The ability to get around Connected Franchise mode faster and obtain relevant team-building decision-making information more quickly by itself definitely will make engaging with the mode more enjoyable and improve the experience overall, even if not necessarily deeper or more authentic.
I completely agree with this post. I like what they did, don't get me wrong, but when they said that CFM got most of the love this year I was expecting more than just new layouts and tuning. Maybe that's my fault for high expectations but I am having trouble blaming myself on this one.

They are really going to have to make up on the gameplay portion.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 05-30-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #22
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
So I get that there's obvious disappointment with the lack of any real meaty bones tossed to the hardcore Madden CFM user this year. I do. Being perfectly clear, I'm disappointed about that fact as well. There were things I wanted to see that apparently won't be in Madden NFL 16.

However, I think we should be careful about conflating "accessibility improvements" with "Madden doesn't care about the hardcore user at all whatsoever anymore". A fair number of things that have been added to the mode this year - most notably the new user interface (which was desperately needed IMO), but also the reimagined scouting workflow, additional options for online league management, and asserted adjustments to the balance of Confidence (and say what you will about dynamic goals, I'm not going to count it here for sake of argument) - are things that anyone can enjoy, hardcore gamer or casual player.

The ability to get around Connected Franchise mode faster and obtain relevant team-building decision-making information more quickly by itself definitely will make engaging with the mode more enjoyable and improve the experience overall, even if not necessarily deeper or more authentic.

CM, yes I'm one of the many disappointed. I do see ur half glass full look..but dynamic goals not only scare me but really upset me..i WOULD rather have a ticker for games going on in ur CFM or "live NFL ticker"..what's worse is after 15 and the positive step forward in presentation towards "TV style"..this one thing on face value completely kills the immersion factor.

Practice squads don't bother me..reason being is the current free agent pool is the practice squad..all practice players by rule can be signed by another team as long as they are signed to the 53 man roster so no biggie there..but, 45 game active roster kills me..formation subs outside of the game KILL ME..lack of position battles kill me..no training camp kills me..no injury updates IE OLinemen kill me..no talk on better roster management by the CPU kills me..fixing of sliders kill me

At the fine age of 37 I get what EA needs to do to make money..stay the course..but they in my eyes didn't throw us any bone for the Franchise guy..

I'm at the point where if they do 75% casual gamer 25% hardcore I'm ok with it, cause I have nothing else..but this was just goose egg..

What I will say...IF and its a big one..the depth chart can be used properly and allow for proper subs along with proper working auto subs sliders that u don't need to have a adjust outside of the CFM..that is a positive..but again if the CPU can't manage the roster properly this new format may be a disaster..also I hope new interface has untied the setting from Main Menu and CFM..this cause all types of issues inside CFM

Just as a caveat..if game play improvement is huge and I mean huge..then I can live with the above if it is built upon..but again that is a huge IF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 05-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdoe
There'll be no word on it till it's released..maybe minor stuff and lies that never work out properly. You know like penalties, or unrealistic player ratings that don't reflect on field results. Who knows maybe a couple more disappearing players during connected whatever. Perhaps Bo Jackson comes out of retirement for the Los Angeles Rams with a hip that can do stiff arms.. Then silence. Around January it'll be like Madden 16 never existed. Then boom... Madden 17. A whole new bunch of malarkey that'll be spewed. Usually recycled things. And we will then forget this conversation ever happened, mark my words. Like clockwork.
Marked👍 I'll be here for sure on this one
Old 05-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Wink Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
CM, yes I'm one of the many disappointed. I do see ur half glass full look..but dynamic goals not only scare me but really upset me..i WOULD rather have a ticker for games going on in ur CFM or "live NFL ticker"..what's worse is after 15 and the positive step forward in presentation towards "TV style"..this one thing on face value completely kills the immersion factor.

Practice squads don't bother me..reason being is the current free agent pool is the practice squad..all practice players by rule can be signed by another team as long as they are signed to the 53 man roster so no biggie there..but, 45 game active roster kills me..formation subs outside of the game KILL ME..lack of position battles kill me..no training camp kills me..no injury updates IE OLinemen kill me..no talk on better roster management by the CPU kills me..fixing of sliders kill me

At the fine age of 37 I get what EA needs to do to make money..stay the course..but they in my eyes didn't throw us any bone for the Franchise guy..

I'm at the point where if they do 75% casual gamer 25% hardcore I'm ok with it, cause I have nothing else..but this was just goose egg..

What I will say...IF and its a big one..the depth chart can be used properly and allow for proper subs along with proper working auto subs sliders that u don't need to have a adjust outside of the CFM..that is a positive..but again if the CPU can't manage the roster properly this new format may be a disaster..also I hope new interface has untied the setting from Main Menu and CFM..this cause all types of issues inside CFM

Just as a caveat..if game play improvement is huge and I mean huge..then I can live with the above if it is built upon..but again that is a huge IF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the very beginning of the blog it mentions this is just the beginning for CFM. Kolbe has a lot of things planned for the future. This year CFM seems to be, based on what we've seen so far, a necessary overhaul in ui and tuning to try to lay a much better foundation for CFM in the future. I'm a little disappointed so far too, but I want them to make sure things are done properly first before they add a bunch of new stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »