Home

NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
It is absolutely pathetic that they removed THE MAIN POINT of playing EASHL. I love progressing my player. Now what is the incentive to play games with a player that doesn't evolve? Such a monumentally bad design choice.
To win games with your team? You can still evolve as a player and get better even though your ratings, most of which are superficial, don't.

I honestly don't get the big deal about not being able to progress/grind XP. Why would you rather spend 300 or so games being stuck with a crappy/slow skater rather than being able to play like you would with a Legend 3 right away? I love EASHL but didn't buy NHL 15 until the price dropped. Now that I have it I'm a 50 overall among 70's and 80's and there is no way I'm going to grind to get better with NHL 16 only a few months away. I know I'm good at the game and have excellent hockey awareness but I'm handicapped by a skater who can't execute the plays I've always been able to make. This new system eliminates that problem and places more emphasis on what YOU can actually do as a player, how you think the game and work as a team, rather than spending a good chunk of the game's life slowly progressing.

The only better alternative would be to have our players actually transfer over from game to game, that way we wouldn't have to start from scratch after logging hours of time building our player. If they're not ever going to implement that feature, though, I'm fine with this new system.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #10
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

I enjoyed 15, despite its many shortcomings. So I was looking forward to NHL 16. I just wanted a few things here and there.

Pros:
-I like that they fixed the menu's, that was such a pain, it took me 90 seconds just to save a file.

-I like that they're answering these questions truthfully, that leads me to below...

Cons:
-I don't like the answers they chose to respond to. They've already answered 2 AHL questions, so why do it again, waste of time.

-You would think their goal with answering questions was to get people to buy the game, but with all the "not this year" or "that's high on our list for the future", it's making most second guess if they even want to buy it this time.

- I really would like to know what their goals for NHL 16 was, and if they met them. Because it really seems like many of the small, reasonable things I would have liked to see in the game (practice mode, shootout mode, edit player) didn't make it in.

So far I am extremely disappointed in the news about 16' so far, and I don't even know what would turn that around since they've already said what isn't in the game

Last edited by Don Jon; 06-02-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:27 PM   #11
Rookie

Feel like the team must of really been focusing a ton on other stuff. No shootout mode which is already in the game after OT. No practise mode which is just a modified game. Either there really working hard at EASHL cause some of the stiff they said no to are very easy to implement for a more fully fledged out game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 08:01 AM   #12
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Seems like they have a very lengthy priority list. I wonder when they plan on having all of these priorities in the game. And I wonder where edit player fits on their priority list.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #13
Just started!

What about goalie masks and if they changed when traded to the appropriate team or if you were to call a goalie up. They either keep their mask from the previous team or use the AHL mask during franchise and there is no way to change it...to me that is a small pet peeve that is extremely annoying and i think should be an easy fix..no?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:11 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

that's a big one. Nothing worse than a red goalie mask on a team which wears blue or green
Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #15
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
It is absolutely pathetic that they removed THE MAIN POINT of playing EASHL. I love progressing my player. Now what is the incentive to play games with a player that doesn't evolve? Such a monumentally bad design choice.
Really? I hated that. I hated that, as a parent with limited gaming time, I had to try and grind out games to reach a level where someone with all the time in the world would hit legendary card status. There's nothing worse than playing a team who isn't as good as you beat you because they're higher rated just because they don't have responsibilities in life.

I am so, so, so happy they're taking the grind out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #16
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm on board for the revamped EASHL, but I'm disappointed that skates and sticks don't give you at least a little differentiation from other players. That seems like an easy way to add a little of that back into the game, but i guess that's an element that they're 'looking into.'

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »