Home

EA Trax Returns to Madden NFL 16, Teaming Up with Spotify

This is a discussion on EA Trax Returns to Madden NFL 16, Teaming Up with Spotify within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Trax Returns to Madden NFL 16, Teaming Up with Spotify

EA Sports is bringing back the EA Trax soundtrack for Madden NFL 16 and have scheduled to reveal the full list of artists and acts later this summer. They have also teamed up with Spotify, offering a new Madden NFL channel, which kicked off today, featuring songs from previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise. The Spotify playlist is scheduled to be updated when Madden NFL 16 releases on August 25th and will continually be updated throughout the NFL season on "Madden Music Mondays".

Read the official press release below.

EA TRAX MAKES TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO MADDEN NFL FRANCHISE

Madden NFL 16 Gets Soundtrack Comprised of the Coming Season’s Hottest New Music and Teams with Spotify for New Channel

Today EA SPORTS revealed that Madden NFL 16 will celebrate the return of its legendary EA Trax soundtrack, recognized as the industry’s foremost showcase for introducing new music. This year’s game will feature a soundtrack from a multi-genre roster of soon-to-be- breakthrough artists and superstar acts, with the full list to be revealed this summer.

“Our Madden NFL soundtracks have changed the cultures of both gaming and music,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “They’ve given unparalleled exposure to new artists, and brought Platinum acts to all-new levels. EA Trax is proud to be delivering a new soundtrack complete with national announcement events, and we look forward to once again moving music forward for millions of gamers and fans.”

For more than a decade, the Madden NFL soundtrack helped launch artists that have included Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, Tyga, Bullet For My Valentine, OK Go, Franz Ferdinand, Yellowcard, Dashboard Confessional, Jet, Swizz Beats, K’naan, Ozomatli and 30 Seconds To Mars, and introduced new music from superstars such as Green Day, Outkast, blink-182, Bon Jovi, Ozzy Osbourne, Outkast, Linkin Park, Faith No More, The Roots, Foo Fighters and Justin Timberlake. The unprecedented hit-making impact of the soundtracks has led fans, gamers and the music industry to enthusiastically label the annual collections, ‘Madden Music’.

In addition to the new soundtrack, EA SPORTS is teaming up with Spotify to offer a new Madden NFL channel on the streaming music network. Launching today, the channel currently features some of the greatest songs from the previous editions of the Madden NFL franchise, letting fans relive their favorite songs of games gone by. When Madden NFL 16 launches on August 25 the Spotify Playlist will be updated with the full game soundtrack, and throughout the NFL season music-lovers can come back every week on “Madden Music Mondays” for fresh songs and artists, as well as special themed playlists.

As a GameStop pre-order exclusive, Madden NFL 16 is joining with Live Nation to give fans $15 worth of Live Nation Concert Cash®, which can be used toward tickets for select Live Nation concerts in the U.S. or artist merchandise from the Musictoday online store. This GameStop exclusive is granted in addition to the $15 of Madden Ultimate Team content players will already receive for pre-ordering the game.

Madden NFL 16 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system on August 25, 2015. To learn more about Madden NFL 16, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA Trax Returns to Madden NFL 16, Teaming Up with Spotify

Only EA Sports can announce a soundtrack for a video game without actually announcing the soundtrack.

I do appreciate the new Spotify playlist they've created with all the previous Madden NFL soundtrack songs, however.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-04-2015 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Called it first. Haha but I can't wait to see what's on it. Hopefully it'll be a good mix and plenty of songs.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Called it first. Haha but I can't wait to see what's on it. Hopefully it'll be a good mix and plenty of songs.
There's 179 songs from previous Maddens, new soundtrack hasn't been announced though.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 46

A little confused as to how this works.

In the main menu of madden you can select the playlist and have it play while doing stuff in menus? so say you wanted to use spotify for the nfl films music, will it stop when you enter a game or play continuously.

All this streaming/current gen stuff is a bit alien to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm confused about the old madden tracks part, can I listen to them while i'm playing Madden 16 or is that something I have to listen to on my computer?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
A little confused as to how this works.

In the main menu of madden you can select the playlist and have it play while doing stuff in menus? so say you wanted to use spotify for the nfl films music, will it stop when you enter a game or play continuously.

All this streaming/current gen stuff is a bit alien to me.

The Spotify "Madden Playlist" isn't implemented into the actual game of Madden 16. It's just a Spotify playlist of all the Madden series menu music. EA has yet to release the menu track list for Madden 16.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I always deselected all the music from all past Maddens, and I turn the volume off on the current Madden audio setups....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news on gameplay later this month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »