Home

NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 TV Spot - Story Is Everything

Maybe we'll play in Georgetown University?

http://sportgeek.wixsite.com/sportblogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #26

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Don't get the people complaining that MyCareer shouldn't be "my" anymore since 2k forces you down a certain path

Do we REALLY all we want the same boring game after game where nothing changes except the team you're facing? Maybe that's enough for some people but I like 2k trying to branch and do different things even if it sucks on the first attempt.
The issue isn't that there's storylines, its that its completely forced. If I can make different decisions than you and our paths end up different then yea that's cool. But no everyone plays out the exact same career. Doesn't matter what team your on you experience the exact same events. What if I wanna create a PG and a C with different personalities ? Well it doesn't matter cause they both get the same cut scenes the same everything.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #27
Rookie

MotorCityManiac's Arena

OVR: 5

Frequency Vibrations???

Seriously?

I mean wow...just wow.

2k has now assured us that we can still create our own player but we are just stuck with the name...

So basically the first white man in history to be named Frequency Vibrations will be hitting the NBA court...

Just to have fun...I should also gave the option to make white Frequency 5 foot 9, 300 pound, point guard...Just so I can laugh hysterically at the cut scenes.

Can't wait for this one!
Old 06-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCityManiac
Frequency Vibrations???

Seriously?

I mean wow...just wow.

2k has now assured us that we can still create our own player but we are just stuck with the name...

So basically the first white man in history to be named Frequency Vibrations will be hitting the NBA court...

Just to have fun...I should also gave the option to make white Frequency 5 foot 9, 300 pound, point guard...Just so I can laugh hysterically at the cut scenes.

Can't wait for this one!
I know his response got lost in the thread here, but I think the fellow from 2K said it'd be a nickname, not the forced legal name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The issue isn't that there's storylines, its that its completely forced. If I can make different decisions than you and our paths end up different then yea that's cool. But no everyone plays out the exact same career. Doesn't matter what team your on you experience the exact same events. What if I wanna create a PG and a C with different personalities ? Well it doesn't matter cause they both get the same cut scenes the same everything.
Right on. I think maybe the word we're looking for may be "organic". That said, it's much, much too early for me to draw any conclusions regarding this year's take, particularly with an "It's your story" motif. Perhaps there will be a move in the right direction this year, Frequency Vibrations notwithstanding.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-05-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #29
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Frequency Vibrations???

Seriously?

I mean wow...just wow.

Can't wait for this one!

Sad part is it won't be funny because the player bodies don't show weight increases or decreases unless they changed it in 2k16.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K16 Commercial - Story Is Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
If this commercial got you ready to grab that $60 out of your pocket and ready to hand it to 2k, that's cool.

I'm not so easily convinced. I'm sorry i offended you.
It is not supposed to do that. It is supposed to leave you wanting more information.

Do you even market bruh?
Old 06-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Frequency Vibrations???

Seriously?

I mean wow...just wow.

Can't wait for this one!
What's your problem man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #32
Rookie

As long as I can control the story and not be forced to be an undrafted free agent I'll probably purchase because I mean seriously Live lost me when they said their career modes we're going to have stories

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »